Roll on the winter....

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
A reasonable run that was coming together before lockdown has well and truly been derailed....

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
The "Magic Pellet" wouldn't happen to be a So Simple product would it Chris? ;)

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
The "Magic Pellet" wouldn't happen to be a So Simple product would it Chris? ;)
No, Peter, its Spotted Fin Catalyst, (and sometimes Mainline Cell) but they are bloody expensive, even for me, who isn't at all tight, the price would turn a Yorkie or @Neil ofthe nene weak at the knees and a puce colour....... I'm not swayed into parting with the cash yet, but many more hidings and I might weaken.

I have always been pretty sceptical of flavouring and colourings etc. the anglers who are using them are good anglers, but even so, they do seem to be dominating the results locally at the moment. I think on the days they are having a munch, then any old pellets out of the bag will do, I do wonder if on the days they need some cajoling, that a twist on the pellet they have seen 1000's of times might not be a bad thing, still not sure I am convinced enough to pay as much for 6Kg of 'magic pellets' as I can get a 25Kg sack of Skrettings or Coppens for.......

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Know where you're coming from, must admit it's refreshing to hear about fisheries where you can use your pellet of choice. Up around this way the vast majority are now fishery pellet only. :mad:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Know where you're coming from, must admit it's refreshing to hear about fisheries where you can use your pellet of choice. Up around this way the vast majority are now fishery pellet only. :mad:
Only one I go to from the regular haunts has fishery only pellet (two if you count Whiteacres) and its a fairly recent addition to their rules, luckily it's not a venue where you need huge amounts.