Rolfs Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Rolfs Lake nr Wheatley Oxon
18/08/02

Rolf had a club match booked in the afternoon so hastily arranged for a open in the morning.

This does not normally fish that well as the carp tend to feed better as the day goes on.

It is normally catmeat or pellet that get the big weights but over recent weeks paste has been getting in the frame.For some reason foul hooking and pulling out of fish is occurring fishing the catmeat as i found out today.

I started off with a .75g float with catmeat on the hook and had to wait for 5mins before a bite.Kev Coke in the next peg had already hooked and lost 2 by then.When it did go under it was foul hooked and tore off until the elastic bottomed out and the rig came flying back.
A few adjustments were made and i started to connect with a few fish,only small carp about 2lb each but was still pulling out of foul hooked fish.Kev was suffering the same but a change to paste meant he was catching more than losing.I suffered all day long no matter what i tried.

Gary Thorpe won the match with 289lb and second had 196lb.Kev finished 5th with 105lb and lost a fish putting it in his keepnet which would have given him 4th.Me i caught 38lb and was well and truly battered.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

MALC

Going to have to get back down there soon so i can let my curse loose on another venue.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Polepot

Poles
Keith,

I would be keen to give this venue a try, but

Only when my leg is recovered - and

When Red and Malc are at home.

Sorry Malc please keep your curse on Bagging waters limited to the ones already effected - no new ones please.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

scott essery

'Silver man'
Sound Advice Nick

STAY AWAY MALC !!!!! Especialy if any of us want to go there!

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Keith, sounded a really frustrating day but Kev, 105lbs for 5th.... bloody hell. No wonder you guys were so impressed with mudmore!!!

Maybe we should ALL have a day out and perhaps a little comp at Rolfs? just a thought

But im up for it and maybe if we leave Malc in the car with Red the fishing wont be too bad?

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
I'm always up for a match at Rolf's. Gary's still still doing well then!!! I bet he fished paste all match!! Malc STAY AWAY (only joking) I wonder why, if it was hastily arranged the Herman never phoned???

churt

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
To All,

This is not to put anyone off but Rolf only allows matches on his lake.These have to be booked in advance and would need to be able to pay for the whole lake 40pegs.Although the club match that followed us only had about 20 people fishing.It is POLE ONLY at this time of year and he has rules about most things.He will supervise weigh ins as he is there all day.Best bet is to book into one of his opens and take it from there.The coke lads are there most weeks but Kev has got it sorted from most pegs.

Keith.

matt

this is just an idea, but i'll get the ball rolling - how about organizing a maggot drowners match at rolfs? i'd be keen to give it a go.icon_smile_question.gificon_smile_cool.gif

kev coke

Just to bring this topic up again i would love there to be a maggot drowners match at rolfs lake but speaking to rolf in the last few weeks he said he is going to knock the private and club bookings on the head now as he said that they are more grief than they are worth but i am there this saturday and i will ask rolf if it would be ok for maggotdrowners to have one as a favour failing that the only other way of doing it is to all book into an open and fish that way the open dates coming up are
DRAW FISH
SEPTEMBER
SAT 14th 1-00pm 2-00pm to 7-00pm
SAT 21st 1-00pm 2-00pm to 7-00pm
SAT 28th 1-00pm 2-00pm to 7-00pm
SUN 29th 10-00am 11-00am to 4-00pm
OCTOBER
SAT 5th 12-30pm 1-30pm to 6-30pm
SUN 6th 10-00am 11-00am to 4-00pm
SAT 12th 12-00pm 1-00pm to 6-00pm
SUN 13th 10-00am 11-00am to 4-00pm
SAT 19th 12-00pm 1-00pm to 6-00pm
SUN 20th 10-00am 11-00am to 4-00pm
SAT 26th 10-30am 11-30am to 4-30pm
SUN 27th 10-00am 11-00am to 4-00pm
NOVEMBER
There are opens every saturday and sunday in november all with 10:00am draw and fish 11-00am to 4-00pm .
hope we can organise something as rolfs lake is a cracking venue and the fish are in perfect condition.
KEV COKE icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

scott essery

'Silver man'
Kev

sorry mate i didnt see this post until i stuck one on the match planer section.

nice one for posting the info.

a few of you have said the week around the 12th oct is out.

How about 28th sep?

19th Oct?

both good days for me

how about you guys????

P.S Do you coke heads recon even me and nick will catch a few or should i bring half a pint of squats icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Scott, bring 1/2 pint of squats if you want. Anything you catch has to go back. Carp are the only fish that you can weigh until 1st November!!!

churt

scott essery

'Silver man'
Doh!!!!

Good job youve told me churt

Id have been well pissed off catching 30lbs of roach only to find out they dont count!! icon_smile_big.gif

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Scott,

All the mds that wish to fish Rolfs,Vic and I will be fishing on the 19th Oct. so no excuses if your serious book in now.If you want his phone no email me and i will send it across.Sorry but i will not put in on the thread as you never know.

Keith

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
All,

Just spoke to rolf and he is not taking any names until the end of september but the date is still the same.

Keith

scoobs11

it sounds like fun !!

what is average carp size ?

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Status
Not open for further replies.