Roku tv

davej1981

Any use the above, are they any good? Desperately want to get rid of sky q but have no freeview connected the house. Looks like a reasonable option as we watch little on tv anyway! Already have amazon prime account and watch alot on Netflix.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Any use the above, are they any good? Desperately want to get rid of sky q but have no freeview connected the house. Looks like a reasonable option as we watch little on tv anyway! Already have amazon prime account and watch alot on Netflix.
You can get free view through your sky box. I have a couple of streaming apps on my Firestick, both hit and miss. Cyberflix is one

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Amazon firestick then put Cinema Hd on which is free download with all films and tv series . Then go the pub and ask whos got a dodgey box for sports. Job sorted.

davej1981

You can get free view through your sky box. I have a couple of streaming apps on my Firestick, both hit and miss. Cyberflix is one
I know you can get a freesat card from sky but we have sky q so dont own the box. My understanding would be we would need either a freesat box or one of the sky+ boxes (i know these are cheap 2nd hand) plus a freesat card from sky (around £20). Would then also need to change the LNB on the dish to a standard sky one as appose to the sky q one there now- fine if my ladder is tall enough but if not more expense of getting someone out to change it

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Get IPTV on a firestick, less than £70 per year including VPN. All the Films, TV shows and Sports including live footy.

HawkerMan

Site Supporter
I have a Roku stick and a Amazon Fire Stick. The Amazon Fire stick is good as you can side load lots of apps but you really need a VPN to use apps like Cyberflix. I use Surfshark it's cheap and works well also blocks all the adverts on sites like the Daily Mail.
The Roku stick is good as you you can have all your apps like Netflix,Prime Video and Now Tv in one place but can't get Prime music at the moment.