Rod and Line or Pole?

• Rod and Line

Votes: 72 72.0%
  • Pole

Votes: 28 28.0%

• Total voters

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Hopefully this little poll works! If you could only fish with one what would it be?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hopefully this little poll works! If you could only fish with one what would it be?
If it could only be one it would have to be rod as I love feeder and waggler ,but oooooo i love pole toooo lol 😆 . It would be rod ,choice made lol

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
If it could only be one it would have to be rod as I love feeder and waggler ,but oooooo i love pole toooo lol 😆 . It would be rod ,choice made lol
My choice was made because if the fish are out past pole length i can still target them also i can still fish close in with a float or feeder ,not as accurate as a pole but id make do.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When I was younger I would have said pole but now I fish rod and line almost exclusively. Maybe I will come full circle but I doubt it.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Had a day on one of my club lakes on Sunday and was very brave and left the pole at home for the first time in well for ever. Must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it, all my casts landed roughly where I was aiming, with only the second feeder cast landing on the Island ! :eek:the rest were a foot away from the Island so all good. Switched to the waggler in the afternoon on bread punch catching cruising carp, took me right back to my twenties. :D:D

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
The question is, you have to choose between the 2,not which is best for what.
But how can you decide what to choose if you don't know the scenario. I like pole fishing, but on a river would love fishing the stick float and then on other days on lake or river the leger rod might be my favourite.

david white

Site Supporter
Rod
I took my dad’s old rod out for its annual airing on Wednesday ( it would have been his birthday ) to my local venue and used the running line and waggler float for the first time in ages, he’d have been chuffed with what I caught !
Not implying that one is better than the other, as others have written one must use the right tool for the given job but there is something special about feeling the rod bending when playing a fish that’s missing when using an elasticated pole

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I was using a 20ft rod and a pin like a pole yesterday, pole float with 10 inches of line to the tip, to strike just leave the pin alone , lift hook up and allow them to run out of the swim just making sure there is no overrun.