Rod repairm

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I have been going through my tackle with the hope of getting out somewhere on the river this week. On checking 1 of my rods, (a Dave Harrell 13’ spliced tip), I found that one of the inserts in a rod ring has broken and gone missing. Now I would normally have taken it to my local tackle shop for repair, but as like of lot of you, my local tackle shop is now closed down. I suppose it will have to be sent away. Can anyone recommend a good repairman who would I assume have to whip a new ring on.

Just to make matters worse. I was looking forward to christening my new Drennan Acolyte ultra, only to find when putting it together for a check over, that the top section is broken in two?. So it’s on the phone in the morning to try and get that sorted. Are Drennan ok with warranty, although it could have been damaged in transit as there is a mark on the rod tube.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Drennan will refer you to the tackle shop you bought the rod from which is who will deal with this as your contract is with them not Drennan who do not deal with the public.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Drennan are pretty good with warranty tbf. I’ve broken a couple reels (fallen off a shelf from about 8ft onto concrete) and they just replaced them for free. Didn’t tell them
how they broke tbf as tbh I can’t be 100% that was the reason but they weren’t fussed and replaced them anyway. In reality they were £50 reels that probably costs them £20 max so don’t suppose they cared.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Drennan will refer you to the tackle shop you bought the rod from which is who will deal with this as your contract is with them not Drennan who do not deal with the public.
Thanks for the info. I already realise that I must go through the seller and have already sent him an email. I just wondered how Drennan warranty dept was, as this is my first Drennan rod.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
They have their own warranty system.
The dealer contacts Drennan who arrange a courier to collect from the shop, It is inspected and if its a manufacturing fault a replacement section is returned to the shop.
13 foot Ultra tip sections are in stock at Drennan so it should not take too long to replace if its a fault or a clumsy courier.