rod+reel deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya all, you may have noticed that at the moment there seems to be lots of shops/companys offering good/cheap deals on rod an reel combo's.
my next door neighbour is after a feeder rod an reel deal, he wants a "medium avon rod", its for use on a local res for bream and tench using lines up to 5lb.

any suggestions?

clean banks are your responsibility, take your rubbish home with you.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Ray

I've been looking at a Ron Thompson Rod and Okuma Reel deal that my local tackle shop is doing for my son.

There is a choice of either a 10ft or 12ft 2 piece rod with two top sections. One for feeder/small ledger that has a threaded eye at the top to accept quiver/swing tips and the second has a built in light quivertip.

He is doing them at 39.99, but is waiting on more stock to come in.

As an alternative I noticed that WMAC are doing a 2 rod deal at 39.99. The first rod is a Pro Performance 12' Match 360, and the second is a 10' Pro Performance Multi-Tip Feeder (3 Tips). They both come with a Zenica Impress reel. This is a Combo Megadeal as they call it.

AlanP

ray

hiya alan, paul (neighbour) is comming round tonight to have a look at some web sites, wmac is one i will go on, i have told him about the okuma reels and he likes the sound of them.
he has got a budget of 50 for rod+reel so hopefully he will find what he is looking for, will let ya know.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Ray,
That Deal, I got and reported on , from the Doncaster exhibition, when I met Toma and Martin.
The deal was from Ensign Tackle and was 35 on the day, a 2 3/4 TC Carp rod and Okuma Dynadrag 50 reel!(I have 3 of these excellent baitrunners left after my car theft!)
I snapped the rod tip on the day after purchase, BUT (and here's the point)It was replaced FOC within the week.
So, I am very satisfied with both the deal AND Ensign of Bromsgrove, the Supplier!

Tel is 01527 874117

They do all the 39.99 deals, match/feeder etc. but can only verify the carp one.

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 26 July 2002 08:40:25 AM

ray

thanks trev, will give them a ring in a minute.
just got back from tackle shop, had a nosey whilst there, they have got a john wilson avon but the screw thread tip has gone missing, they will let me have it for 30, when i explained that he wanted a reel aswell they offered to throw in a kudos 350 match for a total price of 50, i must say that i was quite immpressed with the rod and as i own a 350 match can certainally vouch for the reel so i will let paul know later.

Status
Not open for further replies.