Rod Ready Holdall

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Have a look at this @The Hitman. I think its similar to what @rd115 has posted and will give you an idea about the adjusters. 👍
That is very kind of you to do that, the video is excellent and explains everything, The N-Zon and Tournament offer better adjustments at the bottom, The Supera is the same but the sleeves are fixed, plus the 12ft rods are very tight. Being 196com is better for the 12ft feeder and waggler rods. I will have a look at stock and get one sorted, might go for the Tournament to match the rods. What a Tart :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Once again thank you for taking the time out to do that for me, really appreciate it. (y):giggle:

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
That is very kind of you to do that, the video is excellent and explains everything, The N-Zon and Tournament offer better adjustments at the bottom, The Supera is the same but the sleeves are fixed, plus the 12ft rods are very tight. Being 196com is better for the 12ft feeder and waggler rods. I will have a look at stock and get one sorted, might go for the Tournament to match the rods. What a Tart :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Once again thank you for taking the time out to do that for me, really appreciate it. (y):giggle:
No problems mate, glad to help👍

The Hitman

Site Supporter
No problems mate, glad to help👍
After looking at the options, I had another look at the Supera 6 rod 195cm. The one I looked at in the shop was so much more sturdy than the 4 rod I have. I decided that was fine for my needs, got 5 rods set up for Tamar tomorrow, all fitted in nicely. Hopefully I can win the match to pay for it. Appreciate your info though on the Daiwa Nzon.

Cheers

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
After looking at the options, I had another look at the Supera 6 rod 195cm. The one I looked at in the shop was so much more sturdy than the 4 rod I have. I decided that was fine for my needs, got 5 rods set up for Tamar tomorrow, all fitted in nicely. Hopefully I can win the match to pay for it. Appreciate your info though on the Daiwa Nzon.

Cheers
Good luck tomorrow matey👍

Total

Site Supporter

Cheers
The new 6 rod Supera holdall you have is it deeper than the 4 rod holdall you have which size is given as 22 cms deep?

Your original OP said "you had an issue getting two distance rod setups (with smaller rod and reel setups) in the 4 rod bag has this issue now been sorted with the new 6 rod bag??

I wonder if you could do me a big favour and measure the depth of the new 6 rod bag and if possible put up a photo of the 5 rod setup you have for Tamar tomorrow and put the size and photo up on here or if you prefer via PM please....Much appreciated.....Thank you.(y)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
.....And then hammer two rod rests in!:bash::eyepop::help:
Watcha Total, you know the area around Biddenden. They call it the `village of a thousand ponds` and if you look on the ordnance
survey map you can see why, not only hundreds of `iron` ponds but no end of craters from doodlebugs that fell short. Anyway I`m
fishing one of these tiny waters and this mush turned up and bashed in poles for a windbreak! Wasn`t you was it....

The Hitman

Site Supporter
The new 6 rod Supera holdall you have is it deeper than the 4 rod holdall you have which size is given as 22 cms deep?

Your original OP said "you had an issue getting two distance rod setups (with smaller rod and reel setups) in the 4 rod bag has this issue now been sorted with the new 6 rod bag??

I wonder if you could do me a big favour and measure the depth of the new 6 rod bag and if possible put up a photo of the 5 rod setup you have for Tamar tomorrow and put the size and photo up on here or if you prefer via PM please....Much appreciated.....Thank you.(y)
No problem. Will take a few photos if i get set up on time. 😁
I will measure the hodalls on Monday.

But my set is

I have 2 11ft feeders fish at 34m. 1 Hybrid 1 cage
11ft Tourney pro 520 extremity braid
11ft FS Hi's Special 4010 Tournament mono
2 12ft feeders 52m again 1 hybrid, 1 window or bullet
12ft Tourney pro 520 centris mono
12ft Hi's Special TDR distance mono
1 12ft 6in 55m Hybrid
12ft 6in 80g Supera with cast'izm distance feeder mono
These fit into the hodall, think a 6th rod would be tight. Be Ok with smaller reels. I wanted the 195cm for the 12ft Hi's and my Dreenan Acolyte Waggler rod.
The hardcase seems a lot more substantial than the previous one i had. The zips are really good quality.

Will do a review after a few trips.

Total

Site Supporter
Watcha Total, you know the area around Biddenden. They call it the `village of a thousand ponds` and if you look on the ordnance
survey map you can see why, not only hundreds of `iron` ponds but no end of craters from doodlebugs that fell short. Anyway I`m
fishing one of these tiny waters and this mush turned up and bashed in poles for a windbreak! Wasn`t you was it....
Hello PG, Lovely place is Biddenden and steeped in history....Biddenden Maids - Wikipedia

Loads of the bloody doodlebugs landed around here....Local docks was crucified with the damn things, many dead locally...RIP:(

I only use a windbreak down the coast...;)

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Are you expecting a fish count race or quality fish to do the damage?:unsure:
Hoping quality as thats my route tomorrow. Over the last 4 weeks i have fished for better stamp using hybrid, starting on the cage , as the fish activity increases switch to hybrid, picks out those bigger skimmers and bream. 20 fish average 25lb. That should frame tomorrow.
You could go for the roach, you would need 120 fish to get that weight.
I prefer the first option as im only fishing the tip tomorrow.
Some on the guys will fish the pole, not sure that will work as the water is very clear 15ft out, the fish still seem to be in the deeper darker water, 20m plus.
But you never know.
Decided to stick to my strengths rather than complicate things like i normally do.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Hello PG, Lovely place is Biddenden and steeped in history....Biddenden Maids - Wikipedia

Loads of the bloody doodlebugs landed around here....Local docks was crucified with the damn things, many dead locally...RIP:(

I only use a windbreak down the coast...;)
Knew a bloke who sold his lovely cottage in Biddenden to live in a converted tube train carriage at Dungeness, some funny
people about.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I also use the supera 6 rod and depending on what I'm taking will take 2 15ft float with centris 320, 2 14 float another 2 centris nt 320 a freesprit 11ft feedrlight with a browning compact 845 and one more rod of choice either 11ft cadence cr10#2 float or 13ft float cr10#2 both with centris 320 or a 10'10 grays feeder and 4000 size reel or the tricast trilogy feeder 12ft, or any combination depending, the only time you come unstuck is putting two 12ft two peice rods in one section as the staggered but cups don't allow it the higher cup makes the rod length to long. So you have to have a 12 ft and 11ft two peice in one section or a three peice. Can take photos if necessary. @Total

Total

Site Supporter
I also use the supera 6 rod and depending on what I'm taking will take 2 15ft float with centris 320, 2 14 float another 2 centris nt 320 a freesprit 11ft feedrlight with a browning compact 845 and one more rod of choice either 11ft cadence cr10#2 float or 13ft float cr10#2 both with centris 320 or a 10'10 grays feeder and 4000 size reel or the tricast trilogy feeder 12ft, or any combination depending, the only time you come unstuck is putting two 12ft two peice rods in one section as the staggered but cups don't allow it the higher cup makes the rod length to long. So you have to have a 12 ft and 11ft two peice in one section or a three peice. Can take photos if necessary. @Total
I've got the 4 rod Supera and got around putting two similar length rods in one section by only putting just one rod in the butt pocket but as Hitman said putting a distance rod/reel setup (in my case Shimmy 5500 reels) is problematical....

I asked about the depth of the individual pockets on the 6 rod version as the advertising blurb doesn't state any sizes for it.....However, I do know the 2 rod is 190 mm deep and the four rod 220 mm deep....One would assume the 6 rod would be deeper still but before I shell out for the 6 rod version I need to know this depth measurement before parting with £100 plus....

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
No problem @Total I'll be in the tackle room in the morning, I'll get the tape measure on it and pm you mate. Unless the hitman gets it done first.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I've got the 4 rod Supera and got around putting two similar length rods in one section by only putting just one rod in the butt pocket but as Hitman said putting a distance rod/reel setup (in my case Shimmy 5500 reels) is problematical....

I asked about the depth of the individual pockets on the 6 rod version as the advertising blurb doesn't state any sizes for it.....However, I do know the 2 rod is 190 mm deep and the four rod 220 mm deep....One would assume the 6 rod would be deeper still but before I shell out for the 6 rod version I need to know this depth measurement before parting with £100 plus....
4 rod is 22cm deep

6 rod is 25cm deep

Makes a big difference