Rod Ready Holdall

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Currently doing research on rod ready holdalls. Currently have a Supera 4 rod one, I have an issue getting 4 rods in if the rods have distance reels on.

What are people using that will fit 2 normal rods with 4/5000 reels plus 2 rods with distance reels on.

Thinking of the GURU one or buying the Supera 6 rod that will give me more room. Needs to be 195cm ideally

Also considering just getting a 2 rod for my 12ft 2 piece rods.

Thoughts or recommendations

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
At the moment i have a daiwa n -zon 4 rod which holds x2 11ft'S x1 10ft and a 9ft with x1 4000 reel and x3 3000 reels ,i have seen the guru one and it's a quality item "which i should have bought". you wont get 12 footers into the n-zon though not the one i have anyway

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Currently doing research on rod ready holdalls. Currently have a Supera 4 rod one, I have an issue getting 4 rods in if the rods have distance reels on.

What are people using that will fit 2 normal rods with 4/5000 reels plus 2 rods with distance reels on.

Thinking of the GURU one or buying the Supera 6 rod that will give me more room. Needs to be 195cm ideally

Matric ethos on offer angling direct 5 rod holder , £89,,,,,,not used one but its worth a look

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
At the moment i have a daiwa n -zon 4 rod which holds x2 11ft'S x1 10ft and a 9ft with x1 4000 reel and x3 3000 reels ,i have seen the guru one and it's a quality item "which i should have bought". you wont get 12 footers into the n-zon though not the one i have anyway
I have the N'zon, the 196cm one. I get my Nzon 12ft 2 piece rod in it, along with 2 Nzon 11ft 2 piece all fitted with medium sized reels and a 13ft Nzon 3 piece fitted with a distance reel.
At the butt end of the rod you get pouches the rods fit into that can be fitted at different heights so the reels can be staggered.

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
I cannot get my head around today`s love of `instant`. Do not think of putting your rods and reels together as a chore but think of it
as quality time with your tackle.

Too much rush rush rush.
But when I did go pleasure fishing way back long before ready rod holdalls , I couldn’t get the damn line though the eyes fast enough lol just to get fishing
Now it’s just unzip it unfold it stick a hook length on and bobs ya aunty Fanny’s ya uncle ya away👍

Pompous git

Site Supporter
But when I did go pleasure fishing way back long before ready rod holdalls , I couldn’t get the damn line though the eyes fast enough lol just to get fishing
Now it’s just unzip it unfold it stick a hook length on and bobs ya aunty Fanny’s ya uncle ya away👍
I will arrive at my swim, put my stuff down gently away from the waters edge and study to be quiet {evening Izaac} whilst tackling up.

I am not here to run a race. I, sir, am a gentleman of the angle.

D

Deleted member 23692

I hung onto my supera hold-all and then bought the world champion rod bag from Preston designed to hold for distance feeder reels and pockets for umbrellas, feeder arms, landing net handles and distance sticks.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
For me, tackling up is all part of the process... threading the line through the rings, setting up the float, finding you've missed an eye... detackling... re threading the rod, taking 23 goes to get the depth right, castingcout straight into the brambles overhanging the water, losing your float, rethreading the rod...

D

Deleted member 23692

For me, tackling up is all part of the process... threading the line through the rings, setting up the float, finding you've missed an eye... detackling... re threading the rod, taking 23 goes to get the depth right, castingcout straight into the brambles overhanging the water, losing your float, rethreading the rod...
No wonder you want to shoot everyone in da face 😂😂

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Did you choose , you got me wanting one , i went for the guru mk2 lol , im a tart 😅
Going to have a look at the new Nufish one before making a decision, my mate who runs Lanes in Coventry reckons its the best out there. So back in the Midlands end of April, going to view that. It will be between that and the Guru.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter

Carp and specimen double rod sets ups are in doubles.
Everything else singles.
Hold-all can take four or five singles internally plus several externally.
Generally use a quiver and only take a couple of rods.
This way I can mix and match before leaving home.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Daiwa Tournament 4 rod feeder holdall fits 4 5500 Ultegras easily is using the 196cm version. rods can be staggered so reels fit better.

DavC1h

Site Supporter
I have the Guru and i can fit 4 rods in but they are snug. I also have the Matrix 4 rod one and there is much more room in that one.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Daiwa Tournament 4 rod feeder holdall fits 4 5500 Ultegras easily is using the 196cm version. rods can be staggered so reels fit better.

Good suggestion. Thanks for that. 👍