Rod Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just got this today:

" A fisherman was clubbed with a hammer in a 'Rod Rage' attack, it was revealed yesterday.
The 24 year old man had been asked by two river anglers to guard their gear for a while. But he mistakenly minded the wrong pitch at Pensford, Somerset.
The owner returned, attacked him in a rage and fled. The victim had six stitches in his head."

What's the world coming to and why carry a hammer when fishing, eh?

Sems strange to me bash.gif

Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Dave, you wouldnt believe the number of carp anglers I have seen who carry a "Lump Hammer". Why you may ask?? well the answer is simple.
How else do I get the pegs in for my bivvy!!!!!.
what ever happened to water craft and being quiet. Its no wonder they have to bivvy up for days on end it takes that long for the fish to recover from the disturbence.

chill out go fishing

Stribbo

Many a carp angler has awoke to find his gear gone or in the process of being stolen, so although I don't necessarily agree with it I can understand why some people feel the need to have some kind of protection, expecially when fishing overnight. That said, the incident Dave describes is totally out of order and we don't need or want people like that on the bank.

Stribbo

MALC

Not wanting to be contriversal but to quote Stribbo
quote: Many a carp angler has awoke to find his gear gone or in the process of being stolen,

Yet we are told that they can awake from the bivvy and be on a fish that take's their bait within the blink of an eye, so how can someone knick their gear and they don't hear them.

The above is not ment to be a knock at carpers or another branch of the sport just an observation.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Stribbo

To be fair Malc, it's a bit easier to hear a loud high pitched buzz than it is to hear someone sneeking about outside your bivvy.

Stribbo

MALC

Darren,

Point taken and agree with it.

Dave (scouse),

Good point in the E-mail and shows how low some people can be.

And before anyone ask's i'm not telling what was in the E-mail.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi all, Dave asks the question what sort of person carries a hammer when fishing, I do not for use as a wepon but to knock the pegs in and the main pole of my brolly, do you think that makes me a bad person, I have never been a violent person and thought nothing of the fact that I had a hammer in the bottom of my fishing bag and still do not, if a person is that way inclined thay will use anything that comes to hand, a hammer on its own will not attack anyone that only hapens when some thug has it in their hand

Dai Fish

Larry

Lazarus
I alway's carry an hammer ,in my tackle bag to knock in bank sticks etc .with the theives about today you don't have to be asleep to lose tackle quite a number of anglers on my clubs pool ,have had tackle nicked while they.ve been concentrating on fishing ,they include ,trolley's spare rod's , pole's keepnet's .to small stuff such as float;s line, etc while they been talking to so called angler's i don't call them anglers just .thieves ,scum,rat;s etc.how anyone can steal of fellow angler's is beyond me .So i never leave any thing behind me now &put all my spare in a tackle holdall i take just for that purpose,I'm on my guard especially if i don't know them or there's more than 1 of them.

Cheer's Larry

waxlion1

Gentlemen,

I feel the true problem lies in the lack of harmony between fellow humans.

Inner tranquility is a skill which must be mastered by all who wish to call them selves citizens, the ying and yang of the universe should be captured within your self and released only while under control.

Failing this we should strive for justice within our society and hang the b%*^#-s.

Waxlion1

Del-J

' Victor '
Nicely put Waxie,
but then your always the one to come up with an eloquent turn of phrase.

Del.
Be happy, go fishing.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Oh dear!,

More rabble rousing , provocative, uninformed postings!

Gentlemen, Have Compassion and understanding!

Page 4 Angler's Mail, Quote 'attacked with a "Slater's" hammer'

Now, if the attacker hit the guy with a Slater's hammer, he was probably a Slater, or in other words a guy who is EVERY day involved in repairs to houses or D--------g.!!!

Therefore, it's easy to see why he has the need to go round hitting people with hammers!

The victim was a Carper, recovering from a heavy drinking session and awakened by his two mates, who had set up loads of rods, buzzers and then decided to sod off LOL Just the sort of bloke you'd wake up and ask to look after your gear!

Now , the Drayton thing has lost it's apeal to me, since I learnt that Andy has just promised a birthday present that equates to a Sentence of 6 years hard labour!

Draw him on the next peg, say one wrong word and the likelihod is that it will take a Team of skilled Surgeons 14 hours to remove your Bagging Waggler LOL.

By the way, Is there a special Tiler's Hammer Andy?

CU Soon

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:you wouldnt believe the number of carp anglers I have seen who carry a "Lump Hammer". Why you may ask?? well the answer is simple.
How else do I get the pegs in for my bivvy!!!!!.
what ever happened to water craft and being quiet. Its no wonder they have to bivvy up for days on end it takes that long for the fish to recover from the disturbence.

bash.gif One of my two pet hates,Fish "hear" by picking up vibrations through their lateral line.WHY do people have to announce their presence by hammering bank sticks,brolly poles and bivvy pegs into banks?????
My other pet hate, teeth.gif "Specimen Hunters" for want of a better expression who having spent a small fortune on the latest bite alarms with all the adjustments don't turn the volume down on the b####y things,even when they are sitting on top of their rods.
stop.gif Right rant over,time to take a chill pill.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.