Rod license....

TiggerXFM

I recently recieved my new rod license and at first thought there was no picture on it. When I peeled it off there is a picture of a grayling. It made me wonder, since you renew your license when it runs out or when it's run out and you next go fishing, will people get differing pictures on the little card, any idea anyone?
I know it's of no importance but i'm just curious is all.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I like the fish pictures and have been collecting them since they were brought out.

Steve57

Site Supporter
You've lost me JLK.

Yeah, me too ukzero, i've kept them all, although I think I threw one of the first ones away 😶.
The picture on the card is changed yearly. An educated guess for the change of picture would be June 16th. Hence, I assume, that's why JLK asked if you'd had one before.

TiggerXFM

The picture on the card is changed yearly. An educated guess for the change of picture would be June 16th. Hence, I assume, that's why JLK asked if you'd had one before.
I know it changes yearly, but people can renew their licenses at various times of year now.
My mrs paid for my license online and recievedan email asking if I wanted the new card or just have an email. So if i'd gone for a email I wouldn't have got a card at all.

tincatim

Site Supporter
I know it better for the environment to not have a paper card posted out but I really like them. I threw a load away a few years back but I’m on my third since starting back (minnows) and I won’t get rid of these.