rod licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouse

'River Man'
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but you can now get next season's licence at:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/399730/?lang=_e

dave mickey.gif scouse (and proud of it)

norm

you dont need a rod licence

loads of people fish witout one

Datafile3.asp

scouse

'River Man'
hi norm
i do because i am a bailiff
and a match angler,
hope i dont catch you fishing without one LOL
there again it depends what peg your fishing[:D]

dave mickey.gif scouse (and proud of it)

norm

lol
it only took 10 mins for my first bite

ps i fish anyones pegs (LOL)

Datafile3.asp

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Except his own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:p][;)]

Peter.
Datafile2.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

brady

i think more poeple would buy online or by direct debit if you got the licence for a pound or two cheaper because you are saving the EA a lot of money that way [:(!]

the devil created work to stop me fishing!

BlythMags

Can I ask why we have to pay for a rod license, whereas those people on Cornwall and Scotland don't?

Personally, I reckon I have a good case for unfair discrimination if I don't bother to by one.

Would be interested to see what those European Parliament people (with their straight bananas, compensation for murderers and thieves, etc) in the Hague make of this?

Alan G

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
I dont think people realise the work that the ea put in to keeping our waters in the condition they are today, they work very very hard i for one dont think they actually charge enough for the service we recieve just look at the price of a tv licsense and what do we get pure and utter s***te as for you not bothering to buy one have you ever thought thats why prices are so high ? due to the ea chasing people who dont buy them, i personally would make tackle shops ask to see rod liscenses when buying a rod and if you had not got one you would not get the rod simple as that tackle dealers should be allowed to sell lisences in my opinion.

quote:Originally posted by BlythMags

Can I ask why we have to pay for a rod license, whereas those people on Cornwall and Scotland don't?

Personally, I reckon I have a good case for unfair discrimination if I don't bother to by one.

Would be interested to see what those European Parliament people (with their straight bananas, compensation for murderers and thieves, etc) in the Hague make of this?

Alan G

Datafile2.asp

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:originally posted by Al P
i personally would make tackle shops ask to see rod liscenses when buying a rod and if you had not got one you would not get the rod simple as that tackle dealers should be allowed to sell lisences in my opinion.

Two things here mate

1) how would sea anglers get their gear? although i believe they should be made to buy a licence.

2) Thats been tried before but it took so long to get the money out of the tackle shops that the EA changed their minds.

Here's a thought, how about we go back to the old way, you know a seperate licence for each area, that way you only pay for fishing in your area.

I mean if you go on holiday or see a really good fishery in one of the angling comics & fancy a go you'd have to buy another licence for that area but all in all after a year you'd be laughing , wouldn't you???

I'm more than happy to pay my money each year, at least that way i feel i'm giving something back for the fun & relaxation i get out of fishing.

Alan

Datafile3.asp

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
yep me 2 but i would like to see a stiffer penalty for dodgers thats my main point, as for the sea angling issue i think your right about lisence and i take your point about tackle dealers.

Datafile2.asp

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Last edited:

Lid

quote:I dont think people realise the work that the ea put in to keeping our waters in the condition they are today, they work very very hard i for one dont think they actually charge enough for the service we recieve just look at the price of a tv licsense and what do we get pure and utter s***te as for you not bothering to buy one have you ever thought thats why prices are so high ?

Hi Al. The EA are not just working for anglers though. The waterways should be maintained to a highest possible standard regardless as to whether there are people who want to go fishing. We all drink and wash in the water from rivers too, so its vital that pollution is minimised, as the water purification process can't get rid of everything.

Our taxes should make up any shortfall to licenses fees. It's slightly different with TV's as you can choose not to own one, but you can't choose for the environment not to exist. [:D][:D]

Lid [:)]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by BlythMags

Alan G

I think you will find that people in Cornwall have to buy a licence. At one time before the national licence fisheries in the West Country used to send part of the day ticket money to the EA to save holiday makers buying a licence just for that area.

thumbsup.gif Geoff england_gm_e0.gif
Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

BlythMags

Erm, I think you've all kind of misinterpreted what I said.

I have no problem in paying the 21 and do pay it. And I also do appreciate the hard work the EA put into maintaining our waters.

What I said was - 'why do the Jocks and Cornwall not have to pay'??

Geoff P states that people in Cornwall do have to pay for a rod license?

Sorry, this weeks Angler's mail must have a misprint in it, then!!

So, then - why one rule for one, and not for another - that's the question?

Alan G

BlythMags

Ignore my last post, and the one before that.

I've picked up the wrong thread entire;y here - Cornwall don't have a close season, as opposed to a waiver on rod licenses.

I must remember to keep taking the tablets....................

It still does answer why Scotland don't have to pay for a rod license, though???

Alan G

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think that Golfers should have to pay a 'club licence' [:D]

<<duck>> or is it <<four>> lol

Dave
Datafile2.asp

G

Why did the EA, god bless em, stop shops for selling the licence,

Any idea's,
Its not cos they waited for so lng to get the money out of th tackle shops..

Its because some tackle shops were using the licence money to BUY STOCK FOR THE SHOP

Al i think the poster was kidding about not getting a licence mate,,

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
ahahhhhh Andy

You've just hit the nail on the head mate.

Thats what was happening hence the EA waiting so long for the money, it was being used elsewhere buy the shops, which still means the EA were waiting see??

I don't buy my licence till december cos then i don't have to rush out & get a new oe in March/April.

Al (G)

The reason the jocks don't have to buy a licence is simple really, there's not a lot of course fishing up there yet & if i remember correctly they have their own form of EA & don't have the same one as the English/Welsh do, which is why the EA we pay our money to is only responsible for the waters of England & Wales.

Alan

Datafile3.asp

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.