Rod Licence

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I carry a pic on my phone and the licence in my wallet along with my driving licence for ID

It is a shame that the EA don’t automatically provide you with an e-copy too similar to Archery GB that lives in your phone ’wallet’ although with archery we have to show our card at every single competition or when shooting as a guest at another club or range.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I buy it and forget about it, its floating around in ea archives and if challenged they can take my particulars I can prove who I am there for the ea can check there records, but I always stick the paper card in my wallet. I always buy one that's more important than carrying my card.

I'm surprised more commercials and day ticket waters don't insist on seeing the appropriate rod licence.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I buy it and forget about it, its floating around in ea archives and if challenged they can take my particulars I can prove who I am there for the ea can check there records, but I always stick the paper card in my wallet. I always buy one that's more important than carrying my card.

I'm surprised more commercials and day ticket waters don't insist on seeing the appropriate rod licence.
Some do ,and initial the back of it to say it's been checked .
The details are written down on a form .

Carmody

Hi all - new member here! Just got back into fishing after a break of quite a few years. Went online to buy a rod licence, which I’ve done, and it does seem odd having it electronically. Half worried that my phone battery will have run out, or I can’t find the email when challenged. Might just print out a copy.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I don't use a smart phone. I requested and received a paper licence which I keep in a plastic sleeve in my wallet.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
The way we are carrying on, bring back smoke signals.

I have not got a smart phone and I do not want one.

grey

Site Supporter
I phoned the EA years back to ask if it was strictly necessary to have the physical licence or will just the numbers suffice. The
lady on the phone assured me numbers will suffice.

Been asked by EA bods twice when I did not have my licence on me, Stalham boatyard and Hoveton park. On both occasions
the bailiffs were satisfied with just the numbers.
Yep, license number's all you now need.

Look at the licence and you'll notice the EA have got rid of the garb that states you have to produce this licence upon request etc. Also the fact you're good to go immediately after purchase and you don't have to wait for the licence to arrive, proves numbers alone are sufficient.

You don't need additional ID either, as even the issued licence is no longer considered proof of ID.

It won't be long before the only option is paperless - it'll save the EA a fortune (which hopefully they'll put towards fishing instead!)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Yep, license number's all you now need.

Look at the licence and you'll notice the EA have got rid of the garb that states you have to produce this licence upon request etc. Also the fact you're good to go immediately after purchase and you don't have to wait for the licence to arrive, proves numbers alone are sufficient.

You don't need additional ID either, as even the issued licence is no longer considered proof of ID.

It won't be long before the only option is paperless - it'll save the EA a fortune (which hopefully they'll put towards fishing instead!)
Quite so old bean. It was the wording that said you must produce the licence on demand that made me phone the EA.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
What do you carry that proves your name and address?

Just telling someone verbally without proof is meaningless.

If for some reason you havent got your EA license with you, it doesnt matter, they will just ask you for, your name and address and your date of birth. The EA bailiff will then just phone the office and check if you in fact have purchased the relevant fishing license. Simple and quick, and no drama.
They may also ask for your car registration number.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I keep my licence in the same little wallet as my bus pass. I have been asked for the rod licence on 2 or 3 occasions by EA and never had any issues, the bus pass has my photo on it so no problems either way. The only problem is that when I get on a bus, the machine doesn't scan a rod licence, but then, it gives the bus driver a laugh.

davej1981

The last time i got asked for my licence it was a paper NRA one! Never been asked for one since it became the EA