Rod Holdall

I have a rod holdall which untill a few years ago did everything fine. I then bought a Maver Abyss 12ft rod, the top 6~ins stick out the top. up till now I have lived with this but I am now comtemplating buying a 12/13ft float rod and as this new rod is probably going to come in two pieces it is going to stick out the top of the holdall by about a foot (the holdall is open at the top and has a draw string closure). Can any one reccomend a holdall that is big enough to hold either a two piece 12 or 13 foot rod?

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Most of the new ready rod holdalls from any brand will hold your rod no problem my Daiwa version holds a 14ft rod no problem

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
It’s unlikely you’ll get a 13ft float rod as a 2 piece. Most 12 or 13ft float rods come as 3 sections

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The only mainstream 13 foot float rod that is not 3 piece split evenly is the Acolyte Compact which is two piece with a detachable butt section and that comes in its own carry case.
The Drennan holdalls are over 6 foot in length as are several others like the PI Supera range or the Mosella range plus Browning and probably a few more.

johnfranks

The Sensas jumbo xl holdall would hold it. Its 210cm long. I use one for my Browning Z14 pole as the sections are long