Rod and line

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeman

Recently I have rediscovered a love for rod and line, I went over the river stick float fishing and loved it, feeder fished yesterday and loved it, has anyone else ever had this when they have fished the pole for a long time then gone back to rod and line ?

12f2004

Have to say love fishing the pole as it has it's advantages, but when that tip wraps around on the feeder.....Well! Long time since I fished a river but wouldn't mind having a go for the Barbel!

Wraithio

Don't think you can beat a rod and line when you want to get back to basic fishing. I love it on the rivers. Watching that tip, or the top of that stick float bury. Can't beat it in my opinion.

amocomp

Fancy that myself Paul to be honest, Have thought about it for a while. Maybe arrange a trip to somewhere to that.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Having been the proud owner of of a reasonable mid-range pole for four years now, I've decided that the bloody thing can stop in its holdall,
unless there's absolutely no alternative to using it.
I.E. club match on a 3' deep snake-lake, where all the fishies are hiding behind reeds at 14 metres distance, and there's an unfavourable breeze for the waggler.
[:(][xx(][;)]

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Running a stick through a river is still one of the best feelings you can get the pole is good but even on commercials the rod and line gives you a better appreciation of the raw power of a good fish

Status
Not open for further replies.