Robin Red Dynamite 2mm Pellets

dobbor1

I thought I’d try the Dynamite Robin Red 2mm pellets today. Soaked them on the bank for no more than 2 mins. The next time I looked at them to break them up, I was rather shocked on how mushy, soft and sticky they had gone. They just stuck together. No good for a kinder pot sprinkle but ideal for a method. Am I missing something obvious or it it down to the additives in the pellet?

It was almost like they only needed dipping in water rather than a short soak.

Jeff

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Robin reds are quite an oily/greasy pellet and would liken them to more a halibut/trout type pellet than a coarse one. Swimstim plain or green best all rounders i reckon and better for potting in. The Krill ones tend to be hit and miss some times though.

You are spot on though re soaking the robin reds, just a splash and a stir round to coat them is plenty. I do know a few also who just pot them and similar type pellets in dry.

PAB

Site Supporter
I used them on the method today just cover with water then immediately pour the water off no problems for me. I always use hinders pure red robin rather than some brands that are just add them to there mix and called red robin.

fishcatcher4

I see on a few of the newer video's that the anglers have moved from the 1 minute per 1mm time to leaving them for not many seconds.

Maybe the ingredients have changed,

All-rounder

I thought I’d try the Dynamite Robin Red 2mm pellets today. Soaked them on the bank for no more than 2 mins. The next time I looked at them to break them up, I was rather shocked on how mushy, soft and sticky they had gone. They just stuck together. No good for a kinder pot sprinkle but ideal for a method. Am I missing something obvious or it it down to the additives in the pellet?

It was almost like they only needed dipping in water rather than a short soak.

Jeff
Dont soak them. cover them with water then tip all water out you dont want them sitting in water..i find this works for me when fishing 2mm pellets in feeder they should just be damp.lightly squeese together in cage feeder i use in conjuntion with 8mm pre drilled robin red pellet on the hair rig

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
If you leave your pellets over night after a 2 minute soak you'll find they'll take on a spongy rather than sticky texture.

Can experiment further and try 30 seconds or a minute.

Castlefisher

The 2 mm in question I just wet my hand and stir in the pellets. That's just enough moisture to ensure they sink.
They still retain their individuality.
Looking for tench I've found lately they aren't too effective .Any other flavour of 2mm recommended for tench?

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Fishery pellets dampened then a little sonubaits worm groundbait added. Seems to work for tench