ROACH FISHING??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im goin roach fishin on sat will someone tell me a good place to find them reeds etc what depth they feed at and what baits they mostly prefer? I went last sat and caught a 1lb roach and a little one is 2 fish good enough for a days fishing i dont think so!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi FM,

At this time of year you wouldn't go far wrong fishing a small maggotfeeder but keep it in the same area rather than move it around too much.
You didn't say if you were going on a river or stillwater. If it's a river head for the slack areas or the inside of bends. If a stillwater, look for the deeper water especially around obstacles and inlets.
The fish won't be moving around a great deal but can be tempted by steady feeding.

Let us know how you get on, Dave

martin.

Account Locked
hi.
Depends on your location. Im lucky i have 3rivers within 20 mins. drive where 20lb. nets are common with fish to 1lb.
to contact see club directory tydd gote a.c. cambridgeshire.
tight lines martin.

AlexR

roach are bottom feeders, so it would make sense to start on the bottom. i think pole is best for roach with regular loosefeed of casters,maggots, or hemp.look for shelves. also 2 fish isnt that bad, especially if one weighed 1lb

;)

yeah i did catch but i found it extremely hard with that gale force wind on my back, it took me chair in and i had to sit on a bloody binbag haha ( good job i had a flask of warm tea to cure my anger)I caught 2 with great difficulty. I would cast out quite close in and i would have to get my binoculars out to look at my float on the other side of the lake.In the end i casted out and reeled my float in close to the tip of me rod so it couldnt blow off I fed around the float with maggs and some corn which i thought id waste. I ended up with bites now and then. Then at the end they started goin crazy when the night was drawing in. The bites were coming every second but somehow the little buggers kept gettin away. But anyhow better look next time. I wonder when this wind and rain is going to settle its driving me crazy!!!!!!.

JON

Status
Not open for further replies.