Riverside, Stowmarket, Suffolk 31st May

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi All

I'm hoping to be going to the venue above for an overnight session starting at lunchtime(ish) on the 31st May.

There is a reasonable head of Carp (mainly 6-10lb), silver fish and unusually, Sturgeon.

If anybody fancies trying to add a Sturgeon to their Fishing Race list let me know.

AlanP

martin.

Account Locked
YES
could you let me have more details please alan

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

The Witness

Hi Alan,
I'm not sure that I can make it that weekend.
However put my name down and I will let you one way or another ASAP.
Cheers,
Richard.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Martin/Richard - That was quick.

Martin, why aren't you walking up and down the banks of your waters harrassing members?

location map

It's just off the A14 at Stowmarket, approx. where it says Ford in the middle of the map. It's not easy to spot, so I'll get some better directions together and post them on here.

I'll also get more details on the water, and check that an overnight session will be ok that day. They normally allow night fishing, but prefer you to get in touch beforehand and let them know just in case there is a problem.

It's a small water, and there is an onsite loo and fresh water.

AlanP

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
quote:Originally posted by AlanP

Martin/Richard - That was quick.

Martin, why aren't you walking up and down the banks of your waters harrassing members?

AlanP
no one on there till the 16th june LOL
i think polepot will be up for it if he hasnt got anything planed
tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

Last edited:

Polepot

Poles
Alan,

I'm up for it if I can re-arrange one thing

Poles

wales.gif
Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners
fish.gif

AlanP

'EastAngler'
OK more details (as taken from IYCF, Feb 2003 Edition).

Small 1.5 acre lake, average depth 5ft, holes down to 7ft.

Three tiny islands.

Carp to 36lb, average about 10lb, with Koi to 18lb and Ghosties to 12lb.

Bream and Tench to 6/7lb.

Chub to 4lb.

Perch, Roach and Rudd to 1lb.

And, the Sturgeon go to 16lb.

They recommend reasonably strong line/tackle as the smaller fish are not numerous. The Sturgeon apparently like sweet flavours - strawberry flavour boilies, sweetcorn soaked in condensed milk.

Day Fishing 5, concessions 3.

Night Fishing 10 (doesn't mention a concessionary rate).

Bans - No keepnets, barbless hooks only.

I've just given them a quick ring and nightfishing should be ok for the 31st. Once we've got the numbers sorted out I'll check with them again.

NOTE FOR BEEBS: In case you were wondering Suffolk is the one after Essex and before Norfolk [:p]

AlanP

AlanP

'EastAngler'
If anybody needs any more info on this, or wants to get in touch with me to confirm arrangements please PM me rather than sending email as I am on holiday next week and won't be checking my emails.

AlanP

adamalex

Hi,

I fished this venue on and off for around 3 years and never hooked into Sturgeon, I know there are some very large Catfish in there (45lb+), along with some lovely orfe and a good head of upper single figure bream. How did you get on with your night? I fished a few nights there and only got dropped runs all night, plus getting snapped up by a cat

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi Mate

I think you may be confusing Riverside with Lakeside [:)].

Lakeside is opposite the pub and has an onsite cafe etc. It has Cats as you say but no Sturgeon as far as I know.

Riverside is about 1/2 mile away from there and has the Sturgeon but no Cats as far as I know.

The session went quite well and is written up on here somewhere in one of thge Where You Fished Today threads. Martin (Nick Polepot) fluked into a Sturgeon whilst he was daydreaming on Sunday morning [:p] and spent about 30 minutes toying with it on his pole (with very soft elastic, soft, but very, very stretchy [:D]). He landed it in the end and earned himself 3 more points for the Fishing Race.

I've never had a good Bream from Lakeside, just a few smallish Carp and yes, I've been smashed up there as well [:(].

Where else do you fish around the area?

AlanP

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
Alan
it was Nick (polepot) who had the sturgeon all i had was a lot of bits on the pole & whip

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

adamalex

Hi all,

I have only been to the well known places around Ipswich such as Melton Match and Specimen Lakes, Barham A Pit,Lakeside, Suffolk Water Park. I fished a small lake on a farm at Wickham Market a few seasons ago and caught some really good tench (upwards of 7lb). Unfortunately, having a young family means I only get out a few weekends a month and the odd crafty session during the week. Taking my Dad to Melton on Wednesday, see if I can get him hooked on our sport. Last month I went there I hooked into nice Carp all day long, fingers crossed it will be the same this week![:D]

adamalex

Hi all,

Has anybody got the telephone number for this fishery as I may give it a try next week. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.