Rivers you'd like to fish

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I'm spending a long weekend with family in Norfolk next week and whilst I'm there I have the opportunity to fish the river Waveney for the first time. It will add to the Thames, Severn, Wye, Itchen, Bure, Great Ouse, Warwickshire Avon, Hampshire Avon and Dorset Stour in terms of the rivers I've fished and whilst it's certainly not one I've ever thought about fishing before it did get me thinking about which other rivers around the country I'd like to have a go at and given that there seem to be plenty of river anglers on here I thought I'd ask what new rivers you guys would like to have a go at as well?

Think my next ones to try in no particular order would be the Kennet, Bristol Avon, Wensum and Test. How about you guys?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Wye, Teme and Trent. Actually I fished the Wye in Wales once with John Bailey as a kid.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Trent is my regular (and should definitely be on your list!!!), and over the years have fished the Nene, Thames, Soar plus various small rivers (I learned on the Gade in Watford). Severn and Hampshire Avon are probably highest on my want list!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Great shout on the Trent, consider that one added! Some of roach and dace bags I've read about on here from it sound right up my street. The nene is a good shout as well, I understand it's a good mixed species river.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
River Ebro. Big everything in there. I'll leave those big scary looking catfish to Wise Owl though. ?

Arch

Site Supporter
It's long been unfishable now (In lots of areas) but a session on the tiny river Mease was always enjoyable.

Arch

Site Supporter
A day on the Royalty where Bob James had his net of specimen Roach would see me die a happy man.