Rivers in Nottingham

rincon60

Hi everyone.
Does anyone know if the rivers that run through Nottingham are free to fish? I have a few days work in Nottingham next week and wondered about taking my dropshot gear?

I’ll have a car with me so could travel a short way if needed

any help would be great

thanks

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yep - you've got the Trent basically from just above Trent Bridge opposite the City ground for as far as you can walk along the steps (about a mile or so). That's free.

Additionally to that, if drop shotting is your aim, there is also the canal that runs alongside London Road (goes off the Trent just above Trent Bridge, again opposite the City Ground) into the City Centre and that is a few quid for a day ticket on the bank as far as I know.

rincon60

Yep - you've got the Trent basically from just above Trent Bridge opposite the City ground for as far as you can walk along the steps (about a mile or so). That's free.

Additionally to that, if drop shotting is your aim, there is also the canal that runs alongside London Road (goes off the Trent just above Trent Bridge, again opposite the City Ground) into the City Centre and that is a few quid for a day ticket on the bank as far as I know.
I'm staying right next to the canal so that looks like a great option! Thanks

Reuben

Site Supporter
Can be a tad dodgy in some bits on the canal…….or it could be when I fished it some years ago.