River Wey

alsur

Site Supporter
Managed to get out for a few hours first time in a while because cars been out action for a while after accident on way to lake in August.
First time out with my new 14ft Acolyte didn't expect to catch a lot as it's not the most prolific stretch of river and it being low and clear. Set up a 4 no4 stick and only took maggots weed and wind made first swim a bit awkward and after a few small dace and minnows it died. Move to a nice looking glide and after a good start a couple of Grayling a Trout and a few small Dace It started to slow down when I caught a crayfish which are a problem on lead but not normally of float I moved again. Ended up fishing 3 more swims with similar results ended up with 5 Grayling 1 Trout lots of small Dace and Minnows a few small Chub and a couple of Gudgeon. It was nice to be out on a lovely September day in beautiful countryside especially as I had the whole stretch of river to myself and I was really pleased with how the rod performed although I would have like something a bit bigger.

alsur

Site Supporter
Sounds a nice session. Lovely rods as well aren’t they!
Yes I really liked the rod not much heavier than my 12ft matchpro ultralight and a nice action. Not sure how much I will use it because my clubs other local stretch of river which fishes better no Grayling but more Roach and Chub is very wooded and a shorter rod is easier to use.