River Weaver at Winsford flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

endpeg

Have a match here soon can always catch plenty small fish. Any tips/tactics to catch the bigger Roach.[:D]
Thanks.

Antking

Do you know what pegs you have got? you need to be fishing for bream to win not roach. groundbait feeder with green swimstim, chopped worms, caster & micro pellets with double red maggot on the hook or half a dendra if they are having it. if you want to fish the pole cup a couple of balls in at the start with worm & caster in then loose feed caster over the top, give this a while to build up well you fish the feeder.
If you find out what pegs your on i'll clue you up a bit more, ie; how far to chuck!

endpeg

We are on the river not the flash pegs from the spit back through the gate.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ive had a few tons off there.Put 6 big balls in laced with corn and pellet.Then top up with loose feed until bites stop then put another 6 balls in.
I use 3 to 4 gramme float even though its shallow,4lb hooklentgh and 12 or 14 hook,10 elastic.
If the bream come in they fight like mad in the flow and if you dont get them out you spook the shoal.
Start on 3 red maggs and swap to corn after.
Depending on pegs you either fish far side if you have tree cover and its narrow or 10 metres .
I like the peg just before it opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.