River Waveney

PAB

Site Supporter
Decided to go against my own rules of never fishing the River Waveney at Oulton Dyke during the summer during the day . As I reached my chosen peg I was greeted by an Otter sliding off the staging into the water and half a dozen Cormorants flying away I should have turned round then and gone home. had a mixed bag all to bread of roach, hybrids, and skimmers for around 6lb (could not keep and weigh fish in keepnet because of Otter attacks) the river itself was calm just the normal boat traffic making it like being sat beside the M25 at rush hour in a haze of diesel fumes and with the constant noise from JCB's working away on the marshes to ''improve them'' after 4hrs it was nice to get away from the river and get some fresh air I just cant help thinking about how this river used to be before it was a national park and the huge catches of bream we had as kids with primitive gear and no idea how to fish really will anyone look back on these days with fond memory's of the rivers as they are now.
Where am I off to today Oh the River Waveney at Oulton Dyke (better tides today) :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Interesting read there. I’m in that general area (well upstream of beccles) in early September and planning to have a

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Somehow posted early there. Was going to say have a a go on the Waveney if you have any advice for that area?