River Trent

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Made up for you Kev. Well done pal. Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Do you reckon the keys are somewhere on the bank ? Daft but, my mate did something similar. We looked for over an hour until we found them …. On top of his car next to his wallet. 🙄. Anyway, well done matey. Cracking days fishing that. I’m well happy for you matey. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Bagging machine (y)

The boys done good hasn’t he ? Not sure if my missus would have brought me a spare set of keys out. I think I’d have been sat at the side of the Trent for a few days freezing my wot nots off while she enjoyed our king size all to herself. 🤣🤣

Well done Kev mate. 👍👍

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thanks @tipitinmick I have asked the club bailiffs to keep an eye out when they are walking the bank. Was a very enjoyable day and i am determined not to let the lost keys spoil it. First time fishing a river when it's carrying a fair amount, all a learning expreience and always a good experience catching a Barbel.

@Dave - Bagging machine ?? :unsure::unsure: Aaah I see you have heard about my prowess at the checkout at Sainsburys. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thanks @tipitinmick I have asked the club bailiffs to keep an eye out when they are walking the bank. Was a very enjoyable day and i am determined not to let the lost keys spoil it. First time fishing a river when it's carrying a fair amount, all a learning expreience and always a good experience catching a Barbel.

@Dave - Bagging machine ?? :unsure::unsure: Aaah I see you have heard about my prowess at the checkout at Sainsburys. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I lost a spreader block on the Stainforth and Keadby canal after packing my gear away after a piking session with my mate Adam. A week later I walked on the canal and lo and behold there it was where the path meets the grass. 😳. Ya never know pal. Your keys might yet turn up. 🤞

Attachments

• 8194624B-BF0A-4E42-93A8-B7726A166B00.jpeg
    8194624B-BF0A-4E42-93A8-B7726A166B00.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 6

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

I'm out again tomorrow Kevin so you best keep your phone charged for when I message for advice :D

Scribe

Site Supporter
I'm out again tomorrow Kevin so you best keep your phone charged for when I message for advice :D
Your not taking into account the last 3 seesions where I blanked. I was just in the right place at the right time today and managed a few decent casts,

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
Well done Kev, a decent days fishing bar the lost keys. Hope they turn up soon.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Whisker thanks mate although the fish were not big they certainly did fight in the flow, I am thinking if I had hooked a double I would have been waterskiing down the Trent. :D (y)

Total

Site Supporter
Am a bit late here, but.. Well done Kev on a result in testing conditions....Good angling fella...:)(y)....I hope the car keys show up too...(y)

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Total Thanks Mark I had planned to go on Friday when the level was higher and the temperature a couple of degrees warmer.I reckon I caught the river with the water temperature at is peak. Also there wasn't a lot of debris coming down the river, I think most of it had been flushed out which helped.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lovely report and photos Kev (apart from the keys :( )
Well done fella, seems like you're starting to get to grips with your Barbel fishing. :upthumb:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Our Kev has had some very good help and support from the Barbel fraternity on here, but now doing the all important thing of putting it into practice and along with the effort needed too.

I don't include myself in that. In the pursuit of trying to ensure he doesn't end up catching more than i do, i keep the duff advice going, but he still catches :)

5 fish from a peg i managed 1 in the other day!

I have enough of NL Jnr being a keen learner then out fishing me most of the time.

On a serious note though, like many have said, chuffed for you, you needed a good day mate too and glad you did.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Our Kev has had some very good help and support from the Barbel fraternity on here, but now doing the all important thing of putting it into practice and along with the effort needed too.

I don't include myself in that. In the pursuit of trying to ensure he doesn't end up catching more than i do, i keep the duff advice going, but he still catches :)

I have enough of NL Jnr being a keen learner then out fishing me most of the time.

On a serious note though, like many have said, chuffed for you, you needed a good day mate too and glad you did.

The lad has come of age. I was gonna say …. “ Does he get the key to the door now ? “ but, I think we best give that a miss in Kev’s case. 🤣🤣.

Scribe

Site Supporter

You only have yourself to blame Chris, you introduced me to Barbel in the first place. :ROFLMAO: (y) You should definitely include yourself in the fraternity that has helped and supported me in my first steps along the Barbel path. As for 5 Barbel to 1 from the same peg, your not fooling anyone Chris, different days with different conditions and for a good 10-12 pegs on either side I didn't have anyone else fishing. Had you been on that peg instead of me, you would have had 10 out for sure and they would have been doubles too. :) (y)

I do have to thank not only Chris but the whole Barbelling fraternity on here that have offered advice, encouragement and tips to help me improve. You are all gentleman anglers. :upthumb:

@tipitinmick Good news on the keys front the Club Secretary found them on the bankside today, so picking them up tomorrow. :D:D (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You only have yourself to blame Chris, you introduced me to Barbel in the first place. :ROFLMAO: (y) You should definitely include yourself in the fraternity that has helped and supported me in my first steps along the Barbel path. As for 5 Barbel to 1 from the same peg, your not fooling anyone Chris, different days with different conditions and for a good 10-12 pegs on either side I didn't have anyone else fishing. Had you been on that peg instead of me, you would have had 10 out for sure and they would have been doubles too. :) (y)

I do have to thank not only Chris but the whole Barbelling fraternity on here that have offered advice, encouragement and tips to help me improve. You are all gentleman anglers. :upthumb:

@tipitinmick Good news on the keys front the Club Secretary found them on the bankside today, so picking them up tomorrow. :D:D (y)

Result. Nice one Kev. So ….. another barbel session tomorrow then ? 🤣🤣

Scribe

Site Supporter
Result. Nice one Kev. So ….. another barbel session tomorrow then ? 🤣🤣
I wish Mick, but alas no, as I was back at work today. :( Wasn't it Mar(x)ks (Ivan) that said 'Work is the curse of the fishing classes.' or something like that. :ROFLMAO:

It's supposed to be back up to 12 Degrees by next Monday. :D (y)