• 'TOMMY PICKERING - BORN TO WIN' COMPETITION

7 x Signed Hardback copies of 'Tommy Pickering's Autobiography - Born to Win' to be won
    And if that's not enough - A Maggotdrowning Sticker to go with each one !
    CLICK HERE TO ENTER

(Click the X on the top-right to close this notice)

River Trent

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Cracking PBs both of you Northantslad and Yuccaman- well done!

I was also on the Trent yesterday - riverfest qualifier at Trent Lock (actually used 20 pegs each at trent Lock , below the pipe bridge at Shardlow and another on the Pride of Derby water above Sawley.
I drew on the Pride water, which hadn't been match fished in years apparently - but the organiser said that he's left out the pegs around the Derwent mouth as that would blitz the section. Well all that happened is that the last peg above chucked his feeder down to it and blitzed the match with 10kg .... Doh!
I caught a few roach and perch - but never got anything lined up.

I must say that the Pride of Derby complex is spotless - mown lawns and tree planting ... looks like you need a 3 rod pod to qualify to fish on the lakes there though ;)

Really is fantastically kept, really good value ticket for the amount of water, has something for everyone. 👍

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dunno... but what I did do is forget the important bit of the name TIDAL Trent... I blame it on the early hour!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Did a 6.30am to 3.30pm yesterday, 3 of us. Low again, nothing for me, two of our group managed 4 Barbel between them. (y)
One of which was getting on for a two year dry run, session before he lost one, first one yesterday did him, next one did him at the net............3rd one hooked he got, fair play to him for staying power and patience i say.

Rick123

Site Supporter
We decided to visit collingham wier field on Tuesday as the river yet again was running low and gin clear and also having a blank the following week on our usual stretch but on arrival was met by a couple of anglers that had fished all night and not had a bite , even the lads on the golden pegs weren't very happy so we decided an about turn and go to Fiskerton ,one car in car park so plenty of room so off we went down to the river and decided to fish . A hard day followed my mate blanked but I did manage three nice barbel two of them doubles and was over the moon to finally crack my long standing pb with a beautiful fish of 14lbs 6ozs, what a lump haven't come down yet

While I didn't get the fish I wanted today, a match guy caught a nice Roach of 1lb 12oz. I was convinced this area could be good for big roach and so it proved.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Dad 0 Lad 1 (Chub 90+4 mins). Boat traffic very busy, will be an accident there soon i suspect. At one point a cruiser, a smaller river boat and three smaller craft competing for the width of the river, 5 abreast and the speedy smaller craft with music blaring weaving around them. :rolleyes:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Think they may have been mate, well lost at least, went up and down a few times in the space of an hour or so, some of the smaller craft. You would think they would get the right direction on at most the second attempt with it being a choice of upstream or down.....

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The problem of Holiday Captains who can have their own Titanic with no training.

Had thirty years of it Chris and nearly had two wipe outs last week.
One was right on the near bank tree line and just saw the bow in time.
Mate downstream put a pouch of casters onto the boat. 😂😂

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Am all for sharing the river mate and respecting each other, but this was ludicrous at times, mobile parties, siblings having their first driving lesson. Can get frustrating if across, fortunately our depth is on the near bank, so its not a constant wind in, even when they aren't so keen on honoring the sharing aspect, for which it has been worse this year than ever.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Had the club annual barbie and fish in on saturday , got there at 9 o'clock had a chat and set up by 11 pulled the rods at 12 because of inconsiderate boat traffic was like Liverpool docks same boats up and down all the time, we had the barbie at 6 by the time we got the rods in it was 7.30, struggled for 2 barbel just over 9lbs each.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Had a slight change of luck on the Trent Thursday the 1st had four decent barbel one slipped the hook and lost another in a snag having flipped the bale arm up on a double take while I landed it's mate, strangely all in the daytime and not a bite from 5 o clock up to 9 o'clock up to me leaving at nine, the best going 13th 14ozs, a 12lbs 9 ozs a 10th 6 ozs that fled the weigh sling while resting up due to me not zipping the sides up and another about 9 ish IMG_20201001_170602.jpg IMG_20201001_181213.jpg

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Probably get in trouble for posting them Keith but know you like the photos so will blame you lol.
Ps wouldn't like to face you in a western type gunfight haha the speed your off the mark lol