River Trent

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
After the Barbel had started to claw back on my early season lead in recent sessions, a drop of colour helped in producing some fish for me. This one was the pick, and a new pb at 14lb 1oz, and with two further Barbel following, both around 5 lb or so was well chuffed.
View attachment 40073
Looooooooovely fish mate. I’m well made up for you. Top angling fella. You deserve it the time you put in. Cracking fish. Well done pal 👍

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Had the other two on the go to pellets @Scribe , but yes, turns out bit of luck too really, in that hadn't heard or looked really for any form, although the improvement in colour prompted me to take some meat, turns out one or two being doing good on it recently and some good fish coming out.

Fight wise the consistent (of Barbel) pull was there, along with a reminder when i needed one that i wasn't the one in charge of proceedings, wasn't constant surges, more a continual pressure.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cracking fish. I’ll take one a third that size... currently half a day into a(nother) blank on the fickle beast that is the Trent

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Well done mate another fine trent barbel and congratulations on a new PB , I'm convinced the record will come from the trent in the not to distant future if it hasn't already happened, again well, done.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Well done @Yuccaman for sticking at it, chuffed for you. :upthumb: :upthumb:

That's two PB's on the Trent, fallen within three days, good news all round.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You getting the feeling you’re getting left behind Dave ? 😂😂. C’mon, man up, pack that girly match fishing gear away and come and show us how it’s done. 🎣🎣🎣

Patience is a virtue my son ;)

Well done James, another belter

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
My barbelling has been flipping hard work - 5 sessions, 3 were blanks and 1 was 3 bream. This was heading the same way 16 hours in!

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Cracking PBs both of you Northantslad and Yuccaman- well done!

I was also on the Trent yesterday - riverfest qualifier at Trent Lock (actually used 20 pegs each at trent Lock , below the pipe bridge at Shardlow and another on the Pride of Derby water above Sawley.
I drew on the Pride water, which hadn't been match fished in years apparently - but the organiser said that he's left out the pegs around the Derwent mouth as that would blitz the section. Well all that happened is that the last peg above chucked his feeder down to it and blitzed the match with 10kg .... Doh!
I caught a few roach and perch - but never got anything lined up.

I must say that the Pride of Derby complex is spotless - mown lawns and tree planting ... looks like you need a 3 rod pod to qualify to fish on the lakes there though ;)