River Trent

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
From the reports that seems to have been the norm Chris and yet the Severn has had a green tinge and when higher the silty brown for 6 weeks now.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Tuesday night on the tidal trent produced one bite and one fish at 13lbs 12ozs for me and a 9 pounder for my mate , although a beautiful night and really did fancy it for a few it wasn't to be for us although quite a few were being caught all around us and on the ashfield opposite bank, ah well back to the drawing board. IMG_20200722_000900215.jpg

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Cheers pellet the post wasn't meant to sound like a dissapointment and of course I'm pleased ,Am in your neck of the woods on Thursday for three days fishing in Bridgnorth can't wait

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Did a 3 till 9.30pm yesterday on maggot,Barbel wise one hook pull, one snagged me. Chaps downstream had a couple and lost a couple. Nice afternoon and evening though with the lad, even though blanks have pulled one back on me, but am still maintaining a 3-2 lead for the season.

mattnewark

Keep it going....I'm 4-1 down v Barbel this year in somewhat rubbish conditions every time.

Have stripped the reels and new line is going on, with a bit of a re think as per next approach.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Keep it going....I'm 4-1 down v Barbel this year in somewhat rubbish conditions every time.

Have stripped the reels and new line is going on, with a bit of a re think as per next approach.
If it’s any consolation Matt I’ve had all my Trent Barbel this year inc a PB on Micro Braid Hooklengths 👍

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Chance for a comeback yet @mattnewark . What you thinking freshen up wise?
First time i have gone down the maggot and hemp route for a year or two yesterday and i felt everything suggested this approach, which hooking fish would back up as a good decision in daytime, getting them out i reckon in some places is very much a lottery sometimes however. Echo @Wise Owl 's approach re the micro braid too.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
After the Barbel had started to claw back on my early season lead in recent sessions, a drop of colour helped in producing some fish for me. This one was the pick, and a new pb at 14lb 1oz, and with two further Barbel following, both around 5 lb or so was well chuffed.
new barb pb.JPG