River Trent

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Cheers Dave. Still waiting to join the 2020 Barbel club myself but then again I am fishing a harder river. 😀

Of course they will be on me mate,only the finest 8oz for you. 😃

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Cheers Bs, aside from water clarity, conditions were very favorable all day and plenty of fish showing.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Been getting out but God not been shining on me only four barbel in four outings it's been hard going, was at collingham Tuesday noon till Wednesday morning and had two bites and and two catches but only one fish withing half an hour as I was convinced it was the same fish it had a very distinctive mark and both weighed 13lbs 11ozs on the button, my mate took a photo on his phone and blue toothed it over to me photo enclosed, my mate had three and a sturgeon of 20lbs what a dinosaur, Steve Pope had five on the wier and they got fifteen between them but he also had a sturgeon a few days ago must be a sturgeon take over bid, but all in all having a rough time at the moment sorry about the photo it pissed me off to IMG_20200714_230153829.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It'll pick up in a month or so once the novelty wears off with some and the boats start moving again

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Well done Paul and bet that Sturgeon was something special to see.Had a chat with a couple of the lads who fish with Steve Pope on a short session a couple of weeks ago and they said the Trent was the better option at the moment.
It's strange that the Barbel all seem to be off at the same time.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Cheers Keith had a couple of discussions with Steve Pope during the session and he seemed to be a decent bloke and only to ready to offer his advice and opinion if you cared to ask , down on the Severn on the 30th for a couple of days fishing appley house stretch can't wait love the place.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Always found him to be helpful,communicative and very passionate about Barbel fishing Paul.
He has a core in the Barbel Society that don't like the way he runs it and there has been friction between many for a very long time.

Hope the Severn fishes better for you than it has for the rest of us as it's not been even close to average so far.
Been catching a few small Chub to a couple of pounds which is good to see and in periods of boredom had a few small Zander.

All in all though it's been a real struggle.

pellet

Great session Northants, barbel are hard to come by at the moment so gives us all a bit of confidence that times are a changing.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Is it that low and in need of colour then?
The Lower Severn has been up and down to nearly a metre above average for over a fortnight now.