River Trent Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

1965nick

Hi anyone able to help for fishing on the Trent in and around Nottingham. Who controls the fishing on the Clifton bank of Beeston Weir. Any details on the stretch that flows through Lady Bay?

Any help greatly appreciated.

jakgreen

Have a look on the Notts Anglers website http://www.nottinghamanglers.co.uk/ they have the water below Lady Bay Bridge (it used to be called The Higgin) and lots of other Trent waters too [:T]

1965nick

Thanks for that information. i know they have the water at Adbolton, but I'm not sure they control the water that flows through the meadows in Lady Bay.

adiec

not sure its controlled by anybody as such mate, naa have the beeston side of the weir area not the clifton bit. weve fished it a few times last year and never saw a bailiff or anything

dstev

Dave
Loads of random peaople seem to fish the clifton side. Went up a couple of weeks back and there were 3 or 4 bivvies and tents up on the clifton side. Pretty frustrating when we're paying for pretty much the same water.

1965nick

Thanks for the help so far, does anyone know who controls the water below Holme Weir on the Holme Pierrepont side. I know that Long Eaton have the opposite bank, but I understand they have closed their bank for flood alievation work. It seems amazing that anyone hardly fishes the trent around Nottingham anymore!
I fished the embankment last year, and saw no one else fishing!

1965nick

Had 3 hours on the Trent today near Nottingham. Wow! a fish a chuck! Quality roach, dace, with a few good chub, and three pound plus perch. All caught on red maggot. Around 20lb of fish. Much more fun IMO than commercial puddles. Long may most people stay away from the rivers.

1965nick

Fished around the Colwick area. Long walk to get there. Swim had lots of different currents caused by bridge supports. Quite heavy boat traffic, but this had not effect what so ever on the catch rate.

What has happened to the Nelson Field and Stoke Bardolph sections, why have they been taken over by Ashfield Anglers?

dstev

Dave
Originally posted by 1965nick

Fished around the Colwick area. Long walk to get there. Swim had lots of different currents caused by bridge supports. Quite heavy boat traffic, but this had not effect what so ever on the catch rate.

What has happened to the Nelson Field and Stoke Bardolph sections, why have they been taken over by Ashfield Anglers?

Is this the Notts Anglers water where you can't park anymore (Colwick section that is)?

viking291

Yep, Ashfield anglers, right pain 6 per day, have to walk to lock to get a key to drive into field, drop gear off and then park car at lock car park. They also have the water above the lock and several other bits of the river. They have a web site.

thebeard87

i think the holme pit action group control upstream of the weir on the clifton side, which is private fishing only - never actually seen anyone on there though, downstream i think its clifton anglers association, the same ones who own the clifton bridge pegs, theyre day ticket. the actual weir may be a bit of a grey area though, not seen any signs about.

Status
Not open for further replies.