River Trent East Stoke 17th july

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I wonder if @Zerkalo fancies a trip over? Be a chance for you to see the mighty Trent Steve :D
I have been reading this thread with interest mate, and look forward to hearing how everyone gets on, but unfortunately won't be for me this year, maybe in the future if a similar match is arranged though! Thanks for the mention...

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it as the missus has booked us a night away for what I can only assume will be for a weekend of unbridled sex
Do you want to swap places with me Dave,you can have sex any time. :ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You're joking, you've got to grab the opportunity whilst you can, in fact I've more chance of taking a nugget off Peter lol

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I'll be loading plenty of spare baits in my car and various goo type things if anyone forgets anything or wants to try summat different 👍

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I've ordered some feeders similar to kamasan black cap along with some clip on weights that'll take them to 60g.

If I end up in a fast flowing peg, how big a bow of line will I need to feed out? I'm more used to Barbel fishing on the Derwent with 3 or 4 oz leads 😆

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Hi

I've ordered some feeders similar to kamasan black cap along with some clip on weights that'll take them to 60g.

If I end up in a fast flowing peg, how big a bow of line will I need to feed out? I'm more used to Barbel fishing on the Derwent with 3 or 4 oz leads 😆
Hi mate, I have never fished the Trent before and so I had a look around for some info to help me in preparation for the match on Saturday. I found these three videos quite enlightening, take a look and see if they are of any help to you in regards to fishing with a bow as they all mention it.

IanG1

Site Supporter
Just want to draw a nice peg I can fish the stick from and have a nice day catching silvers LOL, always taught to fish to your strengths and one of the reasons I gave up team fishing as a youth was being forced to fish methods I disliked. Looking forward to the day, weather looks set fine so should be a cracker.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Now I am concentrating on next Saturday's get together can someone tell me a little about the stretch we are fishing. Car parking, what are the swims like, suitable methods, Bait etc. And most of all where is it and where are we meeting up?

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Anyone with walking difficulties can choose to draw from pegs above peg 12 that way they can park behind their peg. Match fee to be £10 to include peg fee £4 nice cheap fun day that way. Payout 1,2,3 or 3 or 4 sections depending on numbers let me know what you would prefer we will go on majority decision. Struggling to get somewhere that wants to take us all for breckie that will open early enough to acomodate the draw and a reasonable draw time. so will draw in the East Stoke car park its on the old A46 road. so draw at 9 fish 10.30 till 3.30. Future fishing is very close by if you need bait or tackle for the day. Can anyone without an asterisk next to there name on page 1 please confirm they will be attending so i can book the correct peg numbers as looks like we may need more that initially booked.
@Neil ofthe nene its mainly on a bend in the river with the deeper faster water on the inside. stickfloat and waggler will produce dace and roach may be a touch early in the year for the really big roach to make an appearance. Groundbait feeder for the bream 1/3 the way across , blockend feeder across with maggot for the chub its a long chuck but it do able. barbel can show anywher but peg 1 ,2,3 are usually the bettert ones with peg one being the best of the bunch but they dont always show, best with fresh water in same with the bream. If its low and clear float tactics are the best bet. for the chub peg seven being a good peg used to be a lot of reeds over. I will probabley have a day on the float as we are having a fun day but may start on the feeder if there is a bit of colour in the water.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thanks for that. Apologies for not following this thread closely.

I assume this is where I am aiming for

East Stoke.JPG
Hi Neil,

Looking forward to catching up on Saturday, it's been a while. (y)

I don't know if you have come across the 'What Three Words' App ? It is brilliant for pinpointing a location down to a 3 metre square.

You can get the App here: What Three Words App the car park entrance is ///included.stole.attitudes if you click this link here you can see how effective it is.

Worth getting as well as in an Emergency it can help get assistance directly to your location. Unfortunately it doesn't summon 'emergency fishing tuition'
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Have you still got the earplugs @notneeded supplied for anyone drawing next to me?

I have no expectations for the day and will arrive with a variety of tackle but probably still fish the pole for the "wrong" sized silvers I have been told I catch.

Blockend feeder? Waggler? These are strange words to me. Might I need more than a half pint of maggots? They are expensive you know!

gixer 13

Site Supporter
1. Gixer13*
2. Krh57 *

4. Neil ofthe nene*
5. IanG1*
6. Me and my lad*
8. Pyffy*
9 . Ravey*
10. Mattnewark*
11. Northants lad*
12. 160642fishing*
13. Ged*
14. Yuccaman*
15. Nick*
16. Paul k*
17. rd115*
18. Luke king of the nene Downing*
Right looks like there is 16 fishing

Last edited:

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Have you still got the earplugs @notneeded supplied for anyone drawing next to me?

I have no expectations for the day and will arrive with a variety of tackle but probably still fish the pole for the "wrong" sized silvers I have been told I catch.

Blockend feeder? Waggler? These are strange words to me. Might I need more than a half pint of maggots? They are expensive you know!
Its a fun day just do what you enjoy doing you will catch some fish. Maggots from the baitfarm only £2 pint cheeper than beer lol. Its a local water for Luke, Mat and myself so we will not be taking it too seriously most probabley be walking up and down a bit helping out anybody that needs it.

mattnewark

All the above is spot on.....its going to be 25 degrees....so my green crocks will be out, so you won't miss me :)

I plan to have an hour on the feeder or lead trying to tempt a Barbel but will feed the inside as I think it will be nice n steady for a leisurely day on the stick.

Im fishing tomorrow with Dad who wants to fish 300 yards upstream so I'm hopefully gonna stop off at East Stoke and take those photos of the pegs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.