River Trent East Stoke 17th july

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Just taken the dog a walk down the Farndon bit and it’s low, clear, lots of fish in the margins (silvers) so shalllow. Really hot but a slight breeze so hope it’s stays for tomorrow. Could be a hard day.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Just taken the dog a walk down the Farndon bit and it’s low, clear, lots of fish in the margins (silvers) so shalllow. Really hot but a slight breeze so hope it’s stays for tomorrow. Could be a hard day.
typical maggot drowners match then luke either raining cats and dogs or red hot sunshine.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
@Pyffy - Ref the feeder - the pegs we are fishing are more barbel/chub/silvers than bream and given the likely conditions warm, bright and a low river it would be better to target those. I usually use a Drennan Acolyte Distance 13ft with a 3 or 4oz tip if fishing halfway and over. Its a deep fairly powerful stretch and catches the wind so this combo and braid helps manage that fishing with a bow. It can easily take 4/50/60g to hold bottom on days so much different to the Nene. You are eseentially looking for drop backs/selfhooking if set up right.

Sometimes i would fish maggot feeder short and then you can get away with 12ft/2oz tips etc.

In terms of float fishing if we are peg for peg this might limit what you can do with the waggler due to space, there are usually lots of fish to be caught on the stick float close in.

Given the conditions i'll likely fish maggot feeder then convert that to hemp/caster for a barbel later on. I'm likely to ball it on the pole too but only because i want to pracise some flat float, and may set a bolo up to run over that.
So my 15g feeders might not be enough then?

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Just taken the dog a walk down the Farndon bit and it’s low, clear, lots of fish in the margins (silvers) so shalllow. Really
typical maggot drowners match then luke either raining cats and dogs or red hot sunshine.
think it will be a small fish day to be honest.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Good luck to everyone fishing this tomorrow.
i’ve only fished it the once, and was lucky enough to draw one of the Barbel fliers at the top of the car park ... 38 pounds of them just dobbing it beyond the crease (literally two to three rods out). Iirc it was about 12 years ago.

@ulladubulla ... are you the same chap who bought two MAP ultra 15 footers off me at around the same time? Same user name. Well done on the riverfest weight.

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Good luck to everyone fishing this tomorrow.
i’ve only fished it the once, and was lucky enough to draw one of the Barbel fliers at the top of the car park ... 38 pounds of them just dobbing it beyond the crease (literally two to three rods out). Iirc it was about 12 years ago.

@ulladubulla ... are you the same chap who bought two MAP ultra 15 footers off me at around the same time? Same user name. Well done on the riverfest weight.
Don’t think it was me ref the rods.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Weather will be a scorcher tomorrow so will break out the wide brimmed hat and factor 50☀️🌞🕶️

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Bit 'o factor 30 for me but I'm putting up the brolly shelter and living under that for the 5 hours 🙂

Krh57

Site Supporter
Good luck to everyone tomorrow, let’s hope we all have a good day :cool::cool:

Arch

Site Supporter
Good luck lads. I've a feeling the weather will be better suited for me pellet waggler fishing tomorrow rather than you boys stick float fishing, but all the best.👍

mattnewark

The most important thing I will be taking tomorrow is the 2 litre water bottle currently in the freezer.

See you in the morning.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Did Scribe make it? I know he was a bit poorly:sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.