river trent east bridgford

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggerbru

hi, just joined nottingham AA and am having a go at east bridgford later this week, mainly targetting the barbel and chub, does anyone know which baits are the best for this stretch.

any advice much appreciated

tholdsworth

Hi mate.we fished it on sunday.I spent 5hrs on the tip did not have a bite spent the first 10mins had 3 roach.I could have had a bite a chuck on the Waggler but needed to find out if the big fish could be caught in any peg.Dave the match organizer told me that the hole part of the river is full of big fish barbel chub and bream.ps if you catch let me know.the match was won with 12lbs of chub and roach on caster and hemp.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
My son and his mate fished just below the weir on Friday night, 8pm - 11pm, they had had 4 nice Barbel 6lb - 9lb all on meat, and a dog Eel.

tholdsworth

nice one.its been a long time since I have fished the Trent but the Magic is still there its lets you use more than one brain cell.

baggerbru

managed to go early tuesday morning, fished one rod on pellet and one on meat, both with pva bags with pellets and didnt have a bite in 5 hours.
1 hour before i had to go tried just casting a piece of meat without the pva bag and had 1 small barbel of about 4lb and lost a very big fish.

was suprised how busy it was, we got there at 4:30 am and there were 4 people already there in the pegs below the weir, hopefully will be able to get in one of those pegs next time

hopefully will get off again later in the week and will be going in the afternoon if i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.