River trent all stars fishing

Trevor c

Hi all I'm new to maggotdrowners,could anyone tell me where the lads were catching chub n barbel on fishing all stars? Not the weir the chub peg it looked awesome would like to visit them sort of pegs as I was brought up fishing the swale kind regards trev

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I could be wrong but I think that programme was shot over a few days on different swims, river backgrounds and the water itself looked like it changed , anyway whats a boro lad doing overlooking his local rivers

Trevor c

I could be wrong but I think that programme was shot over a few days on different swims, river backgrounds and the water itself looked like it changed , anyway whats a boro lad doing overlooking his local rivers
I'm a northallerton lad really but the swale has been uttered to death, enjoy travelling to the wye and Severn just like the look of the peg they were catching chub n barbel on the float, my idea of finding heaven, would like some venues not too wide

Trevor c

I'm a northallerton lad really but the swale has been uttered to death, enjoy travelling to the wye and Severn just like the look of the peg they were catching chub n barbel on the float, my idea of finding heaven, would like some venues not too wide
Ottered

mattnewark

i live in Newark and even I was unsure where they filmed.....Collingham weir springs to mind but not convinced.

Failing that, It could be Ladypitt farm as a guess.

I'd be amazed if it was a day ticket stretch.

Trevor c

Thanks for the reply, do you know any good areas day tickets to catch chub n barbel on the float? A bit shallower and not 200yards wide ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi all I'm new to maggotdrowners,could anyone tell me where the lads were catching chub n barbel on fishing all stars? Not the weir the chub peg it looked awesome would like to visit them sort of pegs as I was brought up fishing the swale kind regards trev
Hi Trevor,

They were fishing a stretch called Lady Pit Farm. It is on the Scunthorpe book. The chub peg / pegs that you saw in the film is the one to the left of the first fence you cross to enter the section. The peg ( or area ) where you see the barbel being caught is old peg 15. To the left and upstream is a tree which comes out into the water. Under this tree is a deep hole of say 5 foot which is mega deep for this stretch. Here you will find some of the biggest barbel in the stretch. Be warned though. You'll need a carp rod to stand any chance of getting one on the bank. The weir where you saw Dean is very inviting but, it is hit and miss. Some days its like fishing collingham weir others its like fishing in your kitchen sink. If you find yourself struggling on the weir turn your attentions to the tins on the other side. Rig up with a four ounce gripper and bounce your lead off the tins. Theres always chub just off those tins. Going back to the early chub pegs .... Its best to use a drilled bullet lead here and bounce a large bait such as meat, wasp grub or cheese down the river. The chub love this tactic in the shallow water.

Good luck pal ?

Trevor c

Hi Trevor,

They were fishing a stretch called Lady Pit Farm. It is on the Scunthorpe book. The chub peg / pegs that you saw in the film is the one to the left of the first fence you cross to enter the section. The peg ( or area ) where you see the barbel being caught is old peg 15. To the left and upstream is a tree which comes out into the water. Under this tree is a deep hole of say 5 foot which is mega deep for this stretch. Here you will find some of the biggest barbel in the stretch. Be warned though. You'll need a carp rod to stand any chance of getting one on the bank. The weir where you saw Dean is very inviting but, it is hit and miss. Some days its like fishing collingham weir others its like fishing in your kitchen sink. If you find yourself struggling on the weir turn your attentions to the tins on the other side. Rig up with a four ounce gripper and bounce your lead off the tins. Theres always chub just off those tins. Going back to the early chub pegs .... Its best to use a drilled bullet lead here and bounce a large bait such as meat, wasp grub or cheese down the river. The chub love this tactic in the shallow water.

Good luck pal ?
Brilliant thanks very much do you know the nearest bnb pub or the area please so I can find a caravan site to book onto when all this virus settles down

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Brilliant thanks very much do you know the nearest bnb pub or the area please so I can find a caravan site to book onto when all this virus settles down
I dont pal. But, there maybe a postcode in my Scunny book for it. Would that be any good ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi Trevor,
The sat nav is NG23 5PG if that’s any use ? ? 9A9C3C76-7F01-4218-8841-C37572DCF2D7.jpeg

Attachments

• C82ECAB5-218C-43BA-96AA-5599C88FF11B.jpeg
    C82ECAB5-218C-43BA-96AA-5599C88FF11B.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 9

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
You have to be a member to fish that particular water, indeed as you do for most stretches on the Trent. Suggest that you look at the guide here - for which club/society controls what area of the Trent and then google the club/Society as to Day tickets.

or even google "Day tickets River Trent" - please do not think that the majority of the Trent in the middle level has fishing like that. Those which do are either tightly pegged or over crowded.

Smeaton's, Kelham Hall and Collingham Weir being 3 prime examples

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yes please so I can find the area,its a small world my brother used to live and work in Gunness nr scunny
My missus works in Scunthorpe hospital. Ive driven through Gunness twice today pal. Yes, a very small world indeed. ?

mattnewark

I guessed right.....thought it was a little familiar....

Decent areas like that are usually controlled by a club, or it's like Barbel Catcher says...overcrowded.

Trevor c

I thought so but hopefully find a nice stretch 2 to 5ft deep with a few chub n barbel etc on a day ticket