River Tees

Status
Not open for further replies.

HISH

After reading someone elses post on the where you fished section i had the bug to go to the river for the first time this year, only a quick session 1-5.
My mates mrs lives in the student flats right on the water side of the "box" thats sorrounded by the student accomodation, we fished on the side with the bench and bridge.
Tactics were simple whip and pole fishing 4 metres out over loose fed maggots, the majority were decent sized perch 8-12 oz, roach and skimmers, it was a bit of a weird day though, with a flurry of fish and then no bites for half an hour this repeated for most of the day.
I think it had more to do with the way i was feeding and not holding the fish.
There was a cormorant that was swimming in circles and popped out from nowhere right in the middle of where we were fishing with a fairly big perch in its gob.

I'll stick the pictures on as soon as i get um[:W]

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by HISH
My mates mrs lives in the student flats right on the water side of the "box" thats sorrounded by the student accomodation, we fished on the side with the bench and bridge.

Give us a clue Hish - I can't figure out where you were fishing.

Presumably on the same side as the university - were you down by Victoria Bridge or the footbridge that takes you straight into the Castle Centre?
I thought the riverside was all railed off along that section - or did you fish over the railings?

Simon

HISH

Here you go Simon this should be of some help and hopefully significance, fancy popping down there just give us a shout some time theres no club matches on we could try and arrange our own private match, no day tickets, decent fishing and only the cost of a pint of maggots, i do like the look of the grassed area to the right of the map though, ill try there next time i think.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Anchorage+Mews,+Thornaby,+Stockton-on-Tees,+United+Kingdom&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=22.570553,56.25&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Anchorage+Mews,+Thornaby,+Stockton-on-Tees,+Cleveland+TS17+6BG,+United+Kingdom&ll=54.561817,-1.302781&spn=0.001005,0.003433&t=h&z=18

Paul T

are you thinking of a run up there Simon / Hish ? fancy a run out tomorrow if you are up for it ? just trying to think of somewhere to go !

Cheers Paul

Last edited:

HISH

I'll let you know me and my bro were wanting to go tomorrow but i've got plans later on in the day so would be ideal rather than spending 6 for a few hours and then having to go from some heaving commercial i suppose we might do an early start on this section, i'll keep you posted

Paul T

Let me know Hish and I will probably meet up I will get some bait anyway, let me know where you park - anchorage mews ?

Cheers

paul

HISH

Anchorage Mews is just the name of the flats we parked in the area is just Teesdale, p.m me your number Paul and i'll give you a bell or text tonight and let you know the score, i think we'll be down for about 7:30ish i cant promise anything though with my unreliable stroppy bro being the driver

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by HISH

Here you go Simon this should be of some help and hopefully significance,
Ahhh - you were fishing the canal basin outside Churchills - used to have a wander over there in my lunch hour when I worked at WYG.

Can't make it this weekend though - off to Whitby tomorrow for fish & chips and a lemon-top[:D]

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.