River Shannon

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
Fished river Shannon at Shannonbridge yesterday just down from bridge. Rivers are badly flooded at moment my aim for favourite peg at river Suck, Coreen ford total wash out see pic. Tackled up and flow was too strong for my float fishing ability so switched to feeder using corn and maggots and a red groundbait with maggots and corn mix. 4 bites in 4 hours 3 missed and saved the blank with one small roach which was deep hooked!! Getting back to fishing it was great to be there met some pike anglers from Dublin who were taking a group out on their boats and were catching pike good sized from what I could see from a distance.

Hoping rivers go down soon but at the moment its unfishable in my favourite areas.

Attachments

Spadger123

I know that peg well, have had some big roach bags off that in past couple of years on the waggler.
You do get plagued by pike at times though.

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
Hopefully the flooding will go down soon. The whole area is badly flooded as per pic of old match stretch. Some big hybrids there too so frustrating hard to believe its late August not November or March.

Attachments