River Severn

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi

Fished the river today, even though it was 2 foot up and coloured I still managed to get 5 Barbel out, But the stretch I fished at Iron Bridge is a mess I counted 6 large Trees in the river, pegs and steps washed away and they've just been done....

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Glad you caught some fish though [:)]

It's way downstream, but I had a look at Hallow on thursday, just above Worcester. The BAA have just put 60 odd new platforms in with steps all the way down.

Everywhere is covered in mud, including the platfroms, about 4 inches of it I'd say and the steps are hardly recognisable on some pegs.

nrayner

We need some good heavy rain now to wash the mud away!

Last edited:

mouse77

Bridgnorth is the same...pegs were not too good in the week.

nigel clark

Obi what did u catch on, am going for a few hours, hopefully, 1 evening this week

mouse77

Nigel..I fished Bridgnorth on friday, i only fished for 1 1/2 hrs and had three barbel...12mm pellet withn 3mm in the feeder.

nigel clark

Cheers mouse, what peg did you fish? What weight feeder is holding bottom?

Last edited:

sladey

50 gram or 3oz max should hold on most pegs now nigel, its back down to summer level, some awsome catches coming out

nigel clark

Yes agreed, mate just text me the open on bridgnorth stretch won with 48 barbel for about 135 lb on Sunday pm from "the island"

Last edited:

nigel clark

Not being there for a while where is that referenced from the bridge with the tackle shop by it

newies_maggots

Originally posted by nigel clark

Not being there for a while where is that referenced from the bridge with the tackle shop by it

not a clue, never fished it before and not from round there..

not far from the bridge, upstream, and its about 1min walk from the free stretch of water thats not owned by the council

sladey

Newis isnt actually on the 'proper' bridgnorth stretch, where that weight came from is quite a bit further up stream.......Nigel you will know who won th open, it was eric bancroft from Boldings.......the island peg is not day ticket fishable unless you join the bridgnorth club.

Medussa

Originally posted by sladey

Newis isnt actually on the 'proper' bridgnorth stretch, where that weight came from is quite a bit further up stream.......Nigel you will know who won th open, it was eric bancroft from Boldings.......the island peg is not day ticket fishable unless you join the bridgnorth club.

Was talking to Eric at Boldings on Sunday, he had all Barbel except for 2 Chub.

obi

Nigel I was fishing 12mm Pellet, sorry i didn't get back to you I'm working away at the moment,,

sladey

Originally posted by Medussa

Originally posted by sladey

Was talking to Eric at Boldings on Sunday, he had all Barbel except for 2 Chub.

there must be something about two chub when theres a big catch of Barbel, the two times i've been on jhonny brights i've had two chub with the rest been barbel!

Status
Not open for further replies.