River Severn

Status
Not open for further replies.

stretford red

I am looking at fishing the severn in a few weeks and was after some updated info. Its been 10-12 years since i fished there i was only in my teens so beer and women have corrupted my memory.

I fished at a place i think called the country park just outside bewdley, this was a peg i believe was called the gulley. I absolutely bagged around 9-10 barbel in a all day stint. Is this peg still a flyer?

There was a place I also fished which was going out of bewdley, only a mile or 2, for some reason i recall having to climb over a gate and walka bit. The trainline was opposite and i remember this being a favourite haunt of dave harrell. Any ideas where the hell i am on about, if so is it still awesome stick fishing sport?

Any pointers in and around where there is a good chance for a few barbel would be greatly appreciated

castaline

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Stretford Red.

The place just outside Bewdley that Dave Harrell fishes is the Winterdyne section I believe. It's controlled by the Kidderminster and district angling association.

The stretch between Bridgnorth and Bewdley is largely controlled by Birmingham anglers association, and any one of the venues can produce great sport on it's day. The river's still a bit low and clear at the moment, but with fairly heavy rain forecast over the next week or so, prospects should improve.

Good luck, cheers, Castaline.

DEANO 70

Deano
Get location right fish the right time of day with last few hours being best .Keep the bait going in long hook length not caught with in a hour move swims

stretford red

thanks for the welcome, im glad you got it from my poor poor beer soaked memories. I recall it was quite nice scenary as well as great sport. Anybody know if the gulley pegs are still fishable, or worth a punt?

ta

Last edited:

tunna

K.D.A.A.Bewdley 1/9/10/

the severn is very low and clear and the fish seem the be on the slightly deeper pegs.

1st john stockton 54lbs 9oz peg 31 pellet feeder
2nd steve maher 41lbs 9oz peg 11 maggot@pellet feeder
3rd steve jackson 23lbs 10oz peg T3 pellet
4th jason ford 22lbs 6oz pellet

baz-65

Fished KDAA waters yesterday below Bewdley, with my son on pegs 112 and 113. Took the advice we were offered pellet hair rigged. Only got one barbel 4 and a half pound, but loads of gudgeon when changed to maggot. When bailiff came along he stated there were two of the better pegs, but due to the low and very clear river, the fishing was rubbish. Badly needs rain for some colour.
Still thoroughly enjoyed being back on a river. Bliss.

DEANO 70

Deano
Did you fish during the day ? As i know lot of barbel been coming out on the evening and at night

baz-65

Got there about 6.30, and must have started fishing about 7.30 by the time we got to the pegs and set up. Packed up at 2.00 as it was too hot to be comfortable. Should'nt moan after the rain we have had lately.

DEANO 70

Deano
Baz i never fish early morning to mid day always evening my catch rate and size of barbel went up no end

baz-65

Thanks for that advice Deano. Thinking of going again after we have had some rain to give the river a bit of colour.
What is the opposite bank like. I think its Dudley's water. I could see them driving right to their pegs, which would be very handy.
regards
Barry

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Hi I will be going to Bridgnorth in 3 weeks and would like to know where the best fishing spots are on the river for barbel fishing and which licenses I need. I would preferably like easy parking & access as one of our party of three cannot walk too far. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.