River Severn - Day Ticket - Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Fella

Hi all,

I know there are some venue Severn experts on here![;)]

So this is what I am after I am looking to go this Sunday 12th August. I need somewhere that is good fishing for barbel, and I will be fishing in the day from 9am until about 6pm so no night fishing involved.

3 of us would be fishing so we are not looking for 20-30 pegs etc

I live in Leicester and previously we have bought a day ticket from Bewdely tackle shop - Stan Lewis's?

His day ticket section as I remember you got to it by driving out of the town over the bridge bearing right, and then sharp left at a garage I think? You then followed round the small lane to the small car park on left at top of the field - and then walked down to the river.

Is this still worth fishing? and as its a Sunday is it likley to be matched up?

A few people have said Ironbridge is worth a shot as well? Is this day ticket or club book and again would it be matched up?

Any advice on how we get a day ticket on a Sunday would be helpful?

I would also consider the Teme or Trent.

Please PM me if your potential venue is "top secret" hehehehe

Standard feeder fishing probably with pellet, corn and luncheon meat would be the approach unless you could advise any different?

Cheers in anticipation of some good advice.

missabite

Hi big fella

Big slabs to barble, i looove it.

I have a few trips a year down to Arley on the Severn.

Day tickets are available bought in advance from shops or the BAA (not on the bank unfortunately). The downside is there could be contests on, so you would have to check the angling press first.

From where you park walk upstream until you get to a wide boily peg. The pegs above that upto a weir type thing are very good. If there is extra water on, the wide boily peg can be very good. There are some beautiful looking spots all the way up.

I have done well fishing the groundbait feeder with 4 mills in it and an 8, two 8s or a 14 mill halibut on the hook.

Just one option for you [:D]

EDIT: Damn it! The BAA have a website and the water's booked...http://www.baa.uk.com/available_waters/default.aspx

Directions....http://www.baa.uk.com/where_to_fish/34.aspx

One to think about for a future date.

Last edited:

The Big Fella

Thanks Missabite!

If the Severn has no replies the Trent may be an option??

Apart from Collingham any other good Barbel sections?

Cheers [:D][;)][:D]

sladey

Bridgnorth, danesford is day ticket from bridgnorth tackle and 100lb pleause catches have been taken from there recently with some nice fish including a few doubles coming out from what i hear, might be worth a look. For Barbel bridgnorth cannot be beaten in my opinion, on a strecth a bit further up which cannot be day ticket fished a 138lb won the open at the weekend.

spireitejohn

Originally posted by The Big Fella

Thanks Missabite!

you could try south muskham on the trent, go down by the side of the A1 lakes(also known as crankley point) me and my mates seem to do ok there.
Collingham is good but gets too overcrowded for my liking,if you want to fish the tidal trent then besthorpe is also worth a try, go into besthorpe village and go down trent lane.
good luck

newies_maggots

Thanks Missabite!

me and stoo could meet you on the trent or collingham anytime you like if your interested???

im now a pro [;)]

james16

Mark's tackle shop should set you right. It's in the middle of the Stourport town centre.

The Big Fella

Okey dokey thanks all!

I will bear your Barbel lesson in mind Newies for a session on the Trent one day! When I get a few blanks I will go with you, and you can make me look even worse! [;)][:D][:D]

newies_maggots

Okey dokey thanks all!

I will bear your Barbel lesson in mind Newies for a session on the Trent one day! When I get a few blanks I will go with you, and you can make me look even worse! [;)][:D][:D]

nothing like a social get together...

Status
Not open for further replies.