River rod rest positioning

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When legering on a river and casting just downstream, do you have the rod rest facing upstream, downstream or straight ahead?

I'm not too fussy about it, as a rod bends 360, but have heard mixed things. Some say to face it downstream, other slightly upstream.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This is the video I watched that got me thinking about it when I don't usually give it much thought. It's at Burton Joyce. I'm looking forward to the MD match there. Video starts at the right time.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I was always taught downstream with the flow by my dad and it’s worked for me all these years.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Slightly downstream generally. Still don’t really know what I’m doing with feeder fishing though!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Another one for slightly downstream (if it's got a tow on it).

smiffy

Site Supporter
Generally slightly downstream. On the tidal Yare I have left my rod in the same position rather than move it when the tide turns. That’s only if it turns at the end of a match.
He’s fishing so short in the video it probably doesn’t matter which way he has the rod pointing. Who’s going to tell Mr Pickering that he should have the rod slightly downstream. Not me😂 He’s probably forgotten more than I’ll ever know👍

Total

Site Supporter
Who’s going to tell Mr Pickering that he should have the rod slightly downstream. Not me😂 He’s probably forgotten more than I’ll ever know👍
Tom said " Your last sentence above is true!":oops::p...."However, would you be interested in a new bulk buy of Fjuka?....Mates rates!":blahblah::deal: