river ouse, york area,

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexM

river warrior
going tomoz, just been on the ea site for river levels and says its about 30 centremeters up, just wondering if any one was around, would of thought its higher then that with the rain?

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Bear in mind that for a few months now the rivers and even some canals and ponds have been on the low to very low side of the scale in many places, 30cm is around a foot of extra water so I am surprised it is that far above normal just yet.

AlexM

river warrior
ouse hasnt been that low in york area and has hammered it down for a week, maybe right though

AlexM

river warrior
was up bout a foot, lovely colour, didnt see any bream though, id been told to head to fulford stretch. got there before i even set up some bloke told me it had been fishing very poor all summer on the stretch i was on.

eventully ended up fishing a rod length out after 2 hours tip fishing. had a right good day loads of perch, 10 of em between 1lb and 3lb. biggest was a proper old donkey. enjoyed it, even if i was looking for a bit of bream fishing.

pitindall

i live in york and fish the ouse quite regularly(usually the stretch from town to the rspca.)fished near the rspca last wk,looking for perch and got "pestered" by skimmers and small bream![:D]the stretch from town to clifton bridge normally produces some bream to the feeder cast tight to the far bank.[;)] or if stillwaters are you're thing the railway pond on taddy road has been fishing well recently with bream/skimmers showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.