River or Lake

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I had no idea it was windy slept like a baby, just woke up, no damage round the house, no fishing today so it's a mooch around Weymouth with the family and a little treat late breakfast/lunch brunch well food of some sort in a cafe somewhere.

@tipitinmick hope the damage is light and an easy fix mate.

tincatim

Site Supporter
Good luck on the river today @Scribe I hope you can find some fish 🤞🏻

And I hope your storm damage is easily repaired Mick. I‘m not a million miles from you and we don’t seem to have had any issues here. I don’t even think it’s been that windy yet.

No fishing for me today, I’ve got a cellar to empty out and reorganise. A few trips to the tip, and I know I’ve got some old fishing tackle to sort out. Just need to decide what to do with it 🤔

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I had no idea it was windy slept like a baby, just woke up, no damage round the house, no fishing today so it's a mooch around Weymouth with the family and a little treat late breakfast/lunch brunch well food of some sort in a cafe somewhere.

@tipitinmick hope the damage is light and an easy fix mate.

All sorted thank you. At least it’s not raining. Oh … it is. 🙄😩

Shadrack

I’m weighing up a few hours on the Trent this afternoon into evening but the wind seems to be picking up now. Will see how it is later on

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The wind is picking up a bit here now, and forecast to be around 40 mph later on.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Are they ?? :)
I can sort of see what he means. There’s a lot more visual and generally physical clues to a river as to where to fish and how to fish than say particularly a big natural style Stillwater which can be quite daunting as it could all look much the same.

BoldBear

With the fish needing to replenish their energy just trying to stay still let alone moving in and out of the current at least they will need to replenish and take some food; so 90% of the time I would rather be on my local streams and rivers catching Chub in freezing temperatures than sitting by a freezing cold Stillwater.
Having said that fishing a commercial can sometimes be a totally different matter.:)

Keith

Alantherose

Site Supporter
With the fish needing to replenish their energy just trying to stay still let alone moving in and out of the current at least they will need to replenish and take some food; so 90% of the time I would rather be on my local streams and rivers catching Chub in freezing temperatures than sitting by a freezing cold Stillwater.
Having said that fishing a commercial can sometimes be a totally different matter.:)

Keith
Depends on the commercial :p