River nidd

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
In the first video you said "there are some houses down there, stop you going down" but surely if you are standing/wading in the water you are not on their bank/property.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
In the first video you said "there are some houses down there, stop you going down" but surely if you are standing/wading in the water you are not on their bank/property.
When we used to wade in the Wharfe at Boston Spa the farmer who owned the opposite bank would regularly come down and shout at us "don't you come beyond halfway,that's my land",don't know what he intended to do if we did.

biggsy

Site Supporter
Had many happy sessions for trout and grayling down at the lido trotting under the steep wall on the far bank(y)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When we used to wade in the Wharfe at Boston Spa the farmer who owned the opposite bank would regularly come down and shout at us "don't you come beyond halfway,that's my land",don't know what he intended to do if we did.

I had the same about 5 year back on the Swale, i was in the River trotting down when i heard excuse me your Float is coming into our private part of the river, i looked round to see a chap obviously the game keeper with a sawn off over his arm, i said dont be so ridiculous, he replied i wont ask you again, i said thats ok then cos you'll be wasting your breath, he then started giving me the this is Ken Morrisons land Blah Blah Blah, i told him look either F..k off or shoot me, he moaned a bit more to me saying look if ya aint gonna shoot me F..k off, he did.

Last edited:

taffyb

Have you ever fished the horseshoe field? I've walk down there with the dogs many times and thought it looked perfect