River Medway (Ringlestone) - unexpected item in the bagging area

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Had a 40 minute lunchtime session at my usual spot today - took my ready rigged Daiwa Tournament-X match rod with a stick float and a size 18 Kamasan B611 plus half a pint of rainbow maggots & some other odds & ends of bait.

Beautiful weather, faintest breeze and almost zero flow so I fished about 4 rods out and 12’ deep.

Straight into fish, roach and decent ones too (see pics), took them on both red and white single maggot with positive bites coming after a trot of about 10’ downstream.

Then came a very different bite and an attempted race away as I lifted into it - out came a lovely little scale perfect chub :D which is a first for me on the Medway.

Of course it wasn’t going to last and I promptly fluffed up the swim by introducing some chopped worm/caster hoping to attract even bigger fish only to be deluged by thumb size perch :ROFLMAO:

Karl 7CF5A692-0763-4615-872E-C15143C7422C.jpeg F2D6CF75-B1AE-42D0-A1C9-5905FEE4E33C.jpeg EE024757-5A7F-470C-A085-F8E3B16B2408.jpeg

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
Some cracking fish there mate, great way to spend your lunchtime!

Cobweb

Site Supporter
All I did during my lunchtime was go to the pub. Missed out on a helluva lot in those days. So glad Ringlestone appears to be coming back and the Medway in general. Well done!

OldTaff

Site Supporter
All I did during my lunchtime was go to the pub. Missed out on a helluva lot in those days. So glad Ringlestone appears to be coming back and the Medway in general. Well done!
It’s keeping me sane at the moment as work is ridiculous and any break is a great break.