River Meden Bothamsall

Dusty

Site Supporter
You can access the river parking in a lay-by on netherfield lane just up from the roundabout.
From here follow the track at the side of the fields down to the water, you will find the River Maun and Meden down here.
You can walk for a couple of miles downstream and find various nice areas to fish.
Expect to find Chub, Roach, Perch, Dace and maybe the odd barbel in the faster sections.

Dusty

Site Supporter
I’ve had chub to 3lb and Barbel to 6lb out of the Maun as well as some big Dace and Perch.
I’ve seen Chub in both the Maun and Meden that look every bit 5lb+.

Dusty

Site Supporter
Will have a walk down there next week. Thanks for the reply
No problem.
be prepared to travel light as you will need to cover some distance to find the fish.
You will find most of them in the deeper sections.
A pair of Polaroid’s is essential.

Finally settled into new house so Friday is my Meden/Maun debut. Had a walk down there a couple of weeks ago and it looks superb. Saw 4 big Chub so let's see what comes up

Had a doze perch and a few Gudgeon just below the wider. Had a walk down to where log is in water and there were 10 or so Chub there. Sat and fed them for 10 mins but as soon as I put a float in they di
cked off.
Did have a chat with a guy who came down and he has fished it regularly and he said there are plenty of Barbel below the wider, and he recommended meat on the bomb.
I will be back !

hobby58

Site Supporter
Hi guy's Dusty\ Baz noticed you've both fished the rivers Meden and Maun. Had reccie today parked up on netherfield lane on the right hand side where the foot path sign is. Walked down the field where the cows are to the river where there are three foot bridges and a bit of a Weir. Did I go the right way left or should I have gone right. Down the otherside of the hedge. I'am trying to catch a barbel from both of the rivers. Not bothered about size just a barbel of any discription. Been three times now and none the wiser not even wet a rod yet:cry: Could any of you point me in the right direction thanks Ian

Hi guy's Dusty\ Baz noticed you've both fished the rivers Meden and Maun. Had reccie today parked up on netherfield lane on the right hand side where the foot path sign is. Walked down the field where the cows are to the river where there are three foot bridges and a bit of a Weir. Did I go the right way left or should I have gone right. Down the otherside of the hedge. I'am trying to catch a barbel from both of the rivers. Not bothered about size just a barbel of any discription. Been three times now and none the wiser not even wet a rod yet:cry: Could any of you point me in the right direction thanks Ian

Hi
Near the wider go downstream about 20 yds, that is where I had my perch and Gudgeon. Local did tell me that ther are Barbel there. Go further downstream and you will see a branch in the water along with the big Chub.

hobby58

Site Supporter
Hi
Near the wider go downstream about 20 yds, that is where I had my perch and Gudgeon. Local did tell me that ther are Barbel there. Go further downstream and you will see a branch in the water along with the big Chub.
Hi Baz thanks for replying. What do you mean by wider ? I walked down stream past the fallen log there are one or two. I walked down river as far as the next track. Walked past that to the bend where there are willow trees but very over grown and high bank's did see three chub though. Probably walked to far for a reccie. Some really snaggy swims where the path was.

Hi Baz thanks for replying. What do you mean by wider ? I walked down stream past the fallen log there are one or two. I walked down river as far as the next track. Walked past that to the bend where there are willow trees but very over grown and high bank's did see three chub though. Probably walked to far for a reccie. Some really snaggy swims where the path was.

Sorry .......Weir