River fishing can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaggot

Im going to start with an admission, my efforts at river fishing are patetic.[:I] Iv read the books seen the video and Im still C**p.[:(]
My rivers down here in Somerset vary The Brue Deep steep banks and fast flowing. And others such as North Drain are Deep similar width to canals.
A lot of Pike in both, although they are not on my list.

Any advice would be realy apreciated[:D][:D][:D]

Cheers Smaggot

ben grim

hello smaggot,north drain sounds good,i'll get me rod.
if i was down your way,i'd take you out for a few sesions,is there anyone you can fish with,with a touch more experiance tha you?

I,M NOT DAFT,JUST HAPPY.
DEATH IN VEGAS

scouse

'River Man'
hi smaggot
if you want to learn
river fishing
i suggest you start on a small river
you dont say what method you are useing
stick or ledger
if your a novice
i think it will be the ledger
just make sure your rod is
as high as possiblein the air
and use enough lead to hold bottom
in the flow
if you want to know more
just email me ok[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

cavie

Hi Smaggot
I've always fished Bason Bridge when down your way, using Hemp and casters and have usually ended up with quite a good bag of roach with the odd chub, I also find that if you fish about 3 hrs either side of high tide that the flow is alot less as I dont think the pumping station is on then.Also the King Sedgemoor is well worth a try for Pike this time of year and Tench in the summer.

Tight Lines now and forever

cavieeeee

Smaggot

Thanks guy for your advice, Ive tried trotting and wagglers on the far bank,I have tried ledgering but little may be I should be sticking with that for while. Yes Cavie Bason bridge is two mins walk from my front door and yes your right about the tide, that runs so fast when the gates open you cant do alot with any method. Would a swimfeeder be a possible choice to try, and regards the Brue at Bason Bridge would you concentrate on margines or mid water.
Any way thanks agin rely greatful

Smaggot

cavie

Smaggot
Try far bank, as for swimfeeder I always get bothered with ruff and eels

cavieeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.