River Feeder Rod

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thanks everyone for the replies. Knew I could rely on MD for informed responses. :upthumb:

Thank you @tipitinmick that's a very kind offer, definitely need to plan an early season visit to the Trent (Is it nearly June yet ?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. :upthumb:
🤣🤣. Kev mate. We put the clocks forward by one hour not the calendar by three months. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Are you sure Mick ? Really, really sure ? Do you want to phone a friend and check, just in case ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You just want the river season to start don’t ya ? 🤣 It feels worse than the lockdown doesn’t it mate ? 😫 Hold in there pal. 🤣

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
You just want the river season to start don’t ya ? 🤣 It feels worse than the lockdown doesn’t it mate ? 😫 Hold in there pal. 🤣
I do Mick have to confess, it seems an awfully long way away right now. It's been an 8 month close season for me already. 😭😭😭

Longy071087

🤣🤣🤣. Errrrrrrr .... I do have a few of them. 🤣🤣🤣. Four still water and five heavy. 🙄 In my opinion the best river feeder rod out there and a rod many years ahead of it’s time. Like you say Gixer mate they do pop up on eBay from time to time. Always worth putting an add in the wanted section on here also.
Sorry to bring this post back, what weights would you be happy casting with the conny z 11/13 heavy? Looking at getting a pair for the tidal (match fishing),

jononcb

I been using a Daiwa Castizm 14ft feeder rod on the Trent/Tidal Trent tor the last few years, good rods!!

Or if on a smaller budget then the Shakespeare Agility Continental 14ft Feeder Rod takes some beating if you can find one for sale, £70 ish.

Longy071087

I been using a Daiwa Castizm 14ft feeder rod on the Trent/Tidal Trent tor the last few years, good rods!!

Or if on a smaller budget then the Shakespeare Agility Continental 14ft Feeder Rod takes some beating if you can find one for sale, £70 ish.
Thank you for the reply, I have got a few Trent rods and had a castizm a few years ago. The Conny X & Z seem to have a big following on here so was hoping for some information on what people are chucking with them etc @tipitinmick

ravey

I haven’t fished the tidal Trent for a long time, and spend much of my time on the middle reaches. I like the Daiwa 1113 heavy versions. Cant say I often use more than 2oz, even with 6lb Maxima. Fishing with a biggish bow reduces the need for a lot of lead. I think this rod is happiest with 1.5 to 2oz, and will cope with full blooded casts with this sort of payload. Very popular back in the day for far bank feeder fishing, and with good reason in my view. The action is excellent, and they have a lovely curve. Anything that is 3oz or more is beyond my experience, and I would probably opt for a hollow tipped rod for that sort of work.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sorry to bring this post back, what weights would you be happy casting with the conny z 11/13 heavy? Looking at getting a pair for the tidal (match fishing),
I’ve used weights up to four once with them without any problems Longy. My biggest fish with one of my amorphous’s is a 15lb 5oz Barbel on a running off tidal Besthorpe so they can take some welly. If buying second hand then take a good long look / inspection where the push in quiver pushes into the top section. Be very wary if you see any splits or if it has been re - whipped. Often a sign that the section where the tip pushes into the section has been damaged at some point in its life. If so ..... walk away.

Longy071087

I’ve used weights up to four once with them without any problems Longy. My biggest fish with one of my amorphous’s is a 15lb 5oz Barbel on a running off tidal Besthorpe so they can take some welly. If buying second hand then take a good long look / inspection where the push in quiver pushes into the top section. Be very wary if you see any splits or if it has been re - whipped. Often a sign that the section where the tip pushes into the section has been damaged at some point in its life. If so ..... walk away.
That’s brilliant, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I have just bought a Conny Z 1113PQ and a Conny X 1113PQ . Can’t wait to use them

Longy071087

@tipitinmick which spare tips would you recommend? Are they 3.5mm

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
They are 3.5mm diameter mate....original Daiwa, Drennan or some Preston tips will fit.....(y);)
Cheers Mark. I’m busy going through inspection and test certificates for my old company or I’d go measure one for Longy. I can see a 2am finish at this rate. Thought I’d retired ? 🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
Cheers Mark. I’m busy going through inspection and test certificates for my old company or I’d go measure one for Longy. I can see a 2am finish at this rate. Thought I’d retired ? 🤣🤣
Don't bother looking for any broom receipts though, there isn't any!;):giggle::ROFLMAO:......Hope you're all well pal....Be safe.....(y)