River Feeder Rod

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I am looking for a Feeder rod to use specifically on the River Trent capable of casting 30-120g (1-4oz) Oz feeders for bream. I already own a Cadence CR10 - 2 Feeder rod that can cast 20-60g (0.75-2oz) targeting bream, roach and chub. As a starting point I am looking at the Cadence CR10 - 12 Ft #3 Feeder rod that is capable of casting up to 4 Oz for £140.

I am open to suggestions irrespective of manufacturer, budget is up £150 and as I won't be using it an awful lot, so lower than that would be good as long as it does the job. (y)

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Kevin i use daiwa amorphous whisker and connoisseur Z 11/13,s on the trent. But going to have a look at a Daiwa castizm 13,6 when the shops open if there is any in stock. Usually plenty of amourphous whiskers on e-bay i use the medium heavy (stillwater) on low water conditions and Newark dyke. and the heavy/extra heavy when there is a drop of water on or want to punch a bait to the far side at East Stoke/Hoveringham etc. I am sure you will get lots of suggestions but this is what was used by most on the Trent circuit when i was fishing it regularly. I think Tip it in mick has strated collecting them so they cant bethat bad :)

adriang

Site Supporter
Just had a quick look at the Cadence site, looks like all of their rods have the same diameter for their interchangeable tips, with the exception of the heavy feeder which looks like it is a fixed tip (understandable). That might be a reason to stay with the same manufacturer.

IanG1

Site Supporter
I wanted something similar a couple of years back and budget was tight. I ended up with a Korum 12ft that will cast 120g model KFROD/05. The best £55 I have ever spent. Used it for all my Trent feeder fishing since and it's been bomb proof. The there tips cover all flow scenarios and will cast to the far bank if needed. Just checked and sadly now discontinued.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Just got a Trabucco 14ft Sygnum TXL advanced river feeder rod, it will (so it states) cast 160 grams.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Go for a 13-14 ft rod, I use the Castizm 14ft 2ins and it's a great river rod. The benefit of 14ft is you can get away with less lead to hold, perfect for big rivers however if fishing high banks get a good 4m landing net handle. I'd recommend both the Preston Absolute carp and Tricast easy reach both strong and reasonably priced.

ravey

If you’re only going to use it occasionally, it would save you money going the second hand route. As already mentioned, the Davies 11/13 in the heavy versions will do most tasks on the Trent, and they had something of a following back in the day. I have a few models, so there is plenty of choice out the. Also, the Porky Pig would be suitable for the heavier work. As IanG1 will testify, I have a few of the older rods from the Daiwa range.

JayBee

Site Supporter
I am looking for a Feeder rod to use specifically on the River Trent capable of casting 30-120g (1-4oz) Oz feeders for bream. I already own a Cadence CR10 - 2 Feeder rod that can cast 20-60g (0.75-2oz) targeting bream, roach and chub. As a starting point I am looking at the Cadence CR10 - 12 Ft #3 Feeder rod that is capable of casting up to 4 Oz for £140.

I am open to suggestions irrespective of manufacturer, budget is up £150 and as I won't be using it an awful lot, so lower than that would be good as long as it does the job. (y)
This is an excellent price on an oft recommended rod.

IanG1

Site Supporter
I wanted something similar a couple of years back and budget was tight. I ended up with a Korum 12ft that will cast 120g model KFROD/05. The best £55 I have ever spent. Used it for all my Trent feeder fishing since and it's been bomb proof. The there tips cover all flow scenarios and will cast to the far bank if needed. Just checked and sadly now discontinued.

Found one

gixer 13

Site Supporter

Nicky Dodds

Kevin i use daiwa amorphous whisker and connoisseur Z 11/13,s on the trent. But going to have a look at a Daiwa castizm 13,6 when the shops open if there is any in stock. Usually plenty of amourphous whiskers on e-bay i use the medium heavy (stillwater) on low water conditions and Newark dyke. and the heavy/extra heavy when there is a drop of water on or want to punch a bait to the far side at East Stoke/Hoveringham etc. I am sure you will get lots of suggestions but this is what was used by most on the Trent circuit when i was fishing it regularly. I think Tip it in mick has strated collecting them so they cant bethat bad :)
Tipitinmick owns 80% of all amorphous carbon ever made...

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
🤣🤣🤣. Errrrrrrr .... I do have a few of them. 🤣🤣🤣. Four still water and five heavy. 🙄 In my opinion the best river feeder rod out there and a rod many years ahead of it’s time. Like you say Gixer mate they do pop up on eBay from time to time. Always worth putting an add in the wanted section on here also.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Kev mate .... Nearer the season if you would like to try a Daiwa Amorphous 11 / 13’ heavy and see if it suits you let me know and you can try one of mine. No problem pal. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
He also mentioned the new microwave that had to be purchased whilst you was perfecting the microwave porridge!;):ROFLMAO:
Oh you wanna see his son’s new dog Mark. Oh my word what a beautiful dog. I hope Nicky posts some pics in the doggy thread one day. It’s gorgeous. Wait until you see it. 😍😍

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thanks everyone for the replies. Knew I could rely on MD for informed responses. :upthumb:

Thank you @tipitinmick that's a very kind offer, definitely need to plan an early season visit to the Trent (Is it nearly June yet ?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. :upthumb: