River Dee, Bangor Is Y Coed, N.Wales

AdieSWA

Has anybody fished this stretch or near by recently and have any clues on how it's fished? Also any tips or just go for a catch anything approach...Cheers

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Depends on exactly which part you are fishing as the river varies a lot around that plus it was quite high after that last lot of rain but is dropping again now.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Well that is our stretch Pickhill Hall probably and its been a bit hit and miss because the river levels went from floods at the opening of the season down to very low then back up and down since, last weekend it was still too high but a few fished it for nothing special really maybe 8 to 10lb catches of Dace Chub Grayling or the odd big Chub in other areas. Next month and October are the best times I think depending on river levels obviously.

AdieSWA

Yeah it probably is, I'm with PSAC and we affiliate with HDAA. I've only fished it once and had a few chublets, dace and a trout last year.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The river has come up a little with the recent rain, it will fish its best when it starts to drop and before the colour drops out. Keep an eye on this river level monitor as the one at Bangor itself is a bit strange due to where its placed.