River Dane. at Davenham

Ivan heaphurst

Not been in n the Dane for ages the legs are not as good as they once were. This bit of the river however is accessible form the bridge over the river and parking is next to the bridge. So travelling as light as possible I was over the gate and trudging through a wet field I was off to the top of the stretch with the plan of working my way back to the bridge. I haven't fished this bit of the Dane before so it was a bit of a learning curve for me. I took the float rod, wanting to trot caster, that is If I could get down to the water with my dodgy knees. A couple of pegs presented themselves for me and after a patient struggle I got a line in the water. Caster used to do the business when I fished it many many years back. No.t to any great shakes though today. A couple of Chub under a poun,d a Dace , Gudgeon and a final thank you to Milady of the river.
Some of the swims screamed fish but if the fish were there they were staying put. I suppose though I could be losing my touch with the trotting rod, in fact I sure that was the reason for a lack of fish today.
Still I managed a day on the Dane, though as I pen this blog I am paying the price for being a gormless old bugger with a couple of very achy knees. Still I get a new knee in a week so you never know this time next year I might be skipping through the watermeadows again.
On the positive side of today, I never saw another soul and the sun shone all day.

HALTON DANGLER

dont think you did ewt wrong chief we had similar results to you lots of inviting swims but vacant,that said was a dead cow in the river when we went lol STANK!