River Brue

baggy

Mark Saunders
I’m thinking about having a trip to the Brue near Street/Glastonbury, I’ve not fished there since the 90’s.
Has anyone fished there recently and is it worth a trip?

Robwooly

I went about five seasons back on the Glaston Manor ticket. had a great day with loads of chub, dace roach and trout, nothing big mind but it struck me as a cracking healthy little river.

rudd

Site Supporter
Every year I wonder what them Rivers are like and the mossela fishery near one as I drive to/from Cornwall!
Thats if I take M5 route and not A303!

mrfishey

Every year I wonder what them Rivers are like and the mossela fishery near one as I drive to/from Cornwall!
Thats if I take M5 route and not A303!
I normally fish the River Brue just up from where the M5 crosses it. There's a set of sluice gates which are normally closed all through the summer but are lifted around the end of October, making that stretch tidal. Some cracking nets of roach can be had in the stick or whip. My profile picture was a 30lb net caught a couple of seasons ago.
This time of year a lot of the river becomes weedy as there's very little flow. I fished a stretch at Merry Lane in East Huntspill a week or so ago. 6ft of water and 3ft of weed. I still managed double figures of roach, perch and rudd but it's very frustrating when you drop the rig in and find it sat on weed just below the surface