River BREAM Tactics Help NEEDED PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Ding

hi ya guys this is really micking me off now so ive turned to the expertise of u lot for some much need brain racking!

recently ive discovered a very nice stretch of river which is situated in golden green nr.tonbridge in kent,and ive been informed by bailiffs and other local angles that the river holds specimen bream and roach,amongst chub and some river carp.
ive been easily pulling out good pund roach from here and yesterday i fished it hard to oull out some lovely 5 pund chub(piccys will be here soon)
the only problem is a carnt get any of the bream out of here, ive tried 2 rods on the bottom with a hair rigged sweetcorn on the methon feeder, and a helicopter rig set above loose feed with bread and corn on it and neither have these have managed to get a bream out of here!
along with that ive haf to float rods one on the drop and another on the bottom on with bread one with caster and worm but all i catch is roach and lil mickers
so ive now tried all my usually v.good methods of bream tactics and im looking to you guys to mayvee share some of your tactics on river bream fishing?
any help will be very appreciated
(and before you say theres no bream in there, when i packed up my gear last night i talked to the bailiff and told him this and he said they are there and his record is a 11 pund specimen!
look forward to your replies
many thanks

Last edited:

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Bream fishing I love, I always get my bream from lakes and canals
trick on rivers I found is plenty ground bait with Black Treacle as a sweetner and adding to it corn and the juice from the corn to mix with. Use Small Swimfeeder with pinkies use pinkie and a small redworm on a 18 hook should produce bream. Hope this helps mate.
By the Way welcome to the mad house King_Ding [;)]
Tight Lines

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

King_Ding

cheers mate, i have tried similar tactics to this as usually i get my bream!
but this river is so hard to fish its got some beautifull features and perfect bream conditions
whats your biggest bream ive bagged a 11 and that was a bootifull fish?

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Best I done was one at 8pound from my local Swan Valley they grow to doubles like dustbin lids. Best day was 73lb in a days session
Will post photo when I repair my scanner. Hope you get you're goal mate.
Tight Lines.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi King_Ding and welcome on board [:)]

The problem with River Bream is that do move around and seldom stay in the same area for long so the secret of this is to attract them into your swim and then hold them there long enough to bank a few.
Doing this though will also attract other species which can then become a nuisance (yes bream anglers do get nuisance fish [;)]) so a fair amount of bait needs to be used in order to keep something down on the bottom until the bream show up.
Location is another key factor, look for slack areas such as back eddies just out of the main flow and feed these.
With a bit of patience you should be able to start picking a few out

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

King_Ding

see i rarely bream fish on rivers, but this is a unique location as the water is very sluggish and slow the features are fantastic ie over hanging tree's eddies and loads of slack!
one tip i reccomend everyone to try is touch legering for bream as the response to the strike is fantastic and i tend to hook alot more,i fink the fing i am not doing is holding the fish there as you said,so ive found a v.good bream groundbait witch im gonna try with a little crumb to thicken it up along with the black syrup,and i'll and some corn juice pellets and that should hold them well!
in the same swim yesterday on quite light tackle i managed a 15 pound common from this same swim so the fish are deffinately here which is a tremendous sign,as i did fink i was having my leg pulled because it sounded like a haven for bream and its the perfect place to spend time fishing.(even wen u dont catch nout!)
has any one else caught any monster bream if so what tactics do u use?
many thanks lads

badatfishing

Can you night fish? Ive fished the thames a few nights this year put out a good pile of bait and fish with a feeder with worm and sweetcorn as bait but once they are feeding anything goes!. Most of the time its small stuff til after 12 then the bream normaly arrive managed 15 bream all over 5lb last trip but the swim was buzzing missed so many bites i was kicking myself

King_Ding

ye i have night fished the same place but i didnt go very well equiped as i only put 1 rod on the bottom with a very basic weight and hook type rig, so i left that out with a bunch of maggots on me buzzer and didnt get any thing witch is understandable, i think i shall have a bit off a pre-bait with me bream ground bait a couple of night before in my swin and hopefully it might hold them in this place,is there any particular rig u lot use for bream on a river the water isnt that fast its infact rather slow so will a simple bolt rig suffice?
again many thanks[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.